Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Send notification on incomplete survey

• simplenova
  • simplenova's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #207134 by simplenova
Send notification on incomplete survey was created by simplenova
Hi everyone,

There seems to be a number of users abandoning surveys. I was wondering if it was possible to receive an email notification when ever a survey has been abandoned.
For example, if a user start the survey but stop at certain question, can I get a notification with details about this?

Could someone help me with this?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 5 months ago #207168 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Send notification on incomplete survey
I don't think this is feasible. How should Limesurvey detect that someone has abandoned the survey? How do you want to trigger such an email notification? (there is no action from the user anymore). When do you consider the survey abandoned, instead of just a break/distraction?

I don't see how such a notification could be reasonably implemented. But maybe someone else has an idea...

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • holch
More
3 years 5 months ago #207169 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Send notification on incomplete survey

There seems to be a number of users abandoning surveys.

By the way: This is completely normal. Depending on your target group and the way you invite/recruit these respondents, the drop-out rate can be very high.

Just to give you an example: I know of a project where people are recruited via an invitation on different websites of brands. This invitation randomly appears to a certain % of the visitors and only on certain pages.

From seeing the invitation, over clicking on the link, starting the survey and finishing the survey we can often see drop-out rates of over 90%.

Once respondents are in the survey and have responded 1-2 questions the dropout rate drops considerably. But there are still certain parts that trigger more dropouts (e.g. open ended questions, long item batteries, etc.).

I would rather have a look at my questionnaire, especially at the questions where people drop out. What often happens is that the right answer option is not there and people drop out because of that, or the question is tedious, annoying, doesn't make sense to them, etc.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose