Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

What is the maximum number of participants per survey?

• Akbar3121
  • Akbar3121's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #206989 by Akbar3121
Dear community,

Is there a limitation regarding the maximum number of participants/respondents per survey (e.g. 10.000 participants maximum)? This issue came into my mind, since the cloud version of LimeSurvey has such a limitation (LimeSurvey Expert: 10.000 respones per year for 349€).
Since I am using the Limesurvey Community Edition and I am hosting Limesurvey on my own server, this issue should not affect me, right?

I am using LimeSurvey 3.17.3

Thanks in advance
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 5 months ago #207002 by holch
There is no limitation of the number of participants per survey in Limesurvey. There might be limits due to your server capacity and your data base though. However, the database usually shouldn't be the limiting factor, the number of rows per table in MySQL is very big, you should not run into problems there.

This issue came into my mind, since the cloud version of LimeSurvey has such a limitation (LimeSurvey Expert: 10.000 respones per year for 349€).

I am not working for Limesurvey, but I assume that this is a pricing decision and to limit the abusive usage of server resources. I am sure tht if you need more (and pay for it), they will give you more responses per year (or you simply move to the next higher package with more responses).

But to make it short, there is not artificially imposed limit of responses in Limesurvey CE. There might be limits based on your server hardware and software though. But noone can tell you what those would be, only you or the person that administers your server.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • Akbar3121
  • Akbar3121's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #207018 by Akbar3121
Thank you very much for your support. It is always a pleasure to see how well this community works :-)

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose