Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Slider with 'No answer' option resetting the answer

• Elfrhadwrmai_199921
  • Elfrhadwrmai_199921's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
3 years 5 months ago #206973 by Elfrhadwrmai_199921
Slider with 'No answer' option resetting the answer was created by Elfrhadwrmai_199921
Hi everyone,

I am trying to implement slider questions with 'No answer' option, where the respondent can make the slider blank by clicking on 'No answer'. I have so far focused on integrating a multiple numerical input question and a multiple choice question, where the tick boxes correspond to the sliders, without much success.

As to why we would want such a thing, we have these objectives in mind:
1. We want to make it visually obvious to the respondent that there is no preset value before they touch the slider. I have already achieved this by applying a solution I found in the forum, hiding the handle when no answer is given.
2. We want to give the respondent the option to reset their answer and also make this visually clear. I have not managed to hide the handle again as a result of clicking the reset button.
3. We want to be able to distinguish between those who explicitly refuse to answer and those who simply skip. That is why I am trying to integrate a multiple choice question. By using CSS, I can make the tick boxes appear next to the sliders (not in the attached example). However, I cannot link the two questions so that clicking a tick box will reset the slider.

I try to achieve these with JavaScript, but my JS knowledge is almost non-existent. Therefore, I don't know if my code is simply bad, or if this strategy is fundamentally flawed. Is it possible (1) to hide the handle when the slider is reset, and (2) to reset the slider when an option from another question is clicked? Ultimately, I would like to imitate what is illustrated in this image .

I attach a test survey that shows my attempts. Thanks in advance for your help.

LimeSurvey Version 3.22.5
The topic has been locked.
More
3 years 5 months ago #206975 by jelo
I cannot provide you a workaround. But I have made a feature request in 2016.
You might add your comment.
bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=10856

From which bugreport is the screenshot you mentioned?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • Elfrhadwrmai_199921
  • Elfrhadwrmai_199921's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
3 years 5 months ago #206976 by Elfrhadwrmai_199921
Replied by Elfrhadwrmai_199921 on topic Slider with 'No answer' option resetting the answer
Hi jelo. Thanks for your prompt reply. The screenshot is actually yours from bug report 11732 .

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose