Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

limesurvey 4.x - using autocomplete field

• lucanot
  • lucanot's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #206899 by lucanot
Hi, I've been using LS for several years in my business. I face a problem in implementing an autocomplete text field, it seems that all examples provided in this forum aren't working in the 4.x version. I tried this one: forums.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-thi...plete-and-validation
but unfortunately isn't working, the console reports: "Uncaught TypeError: $(...).autocomplete is not a function"

I noticed that into the third-party folder, there is actually an autocomplete (devbridge-autocomplete). Again, even including the path of this, it raises errors.

Is there anyone that can help me?
Another question: why in LS 4.x is present a field in which it seems I can put a javascript code (without the <script /script> tags), but isn't working? The hint says "This optional script field will be wrapped, so that the script is correctly executed after the question is on the screen. If you do not have the correct permissions, this will be ignored"
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 6 months ago #206939 by holch
Replied by holch on topic limesurvey 4.x - using autocomplete field
Currently I can not recommend to use LS 4.x for "production". It still has a lot of bugs which will take a while to be fixed.

I would recommend to stay with LS 3.x LTS for the next couple of months.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • tpartner
More
3 years 6 months ago #206949 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic limesurvey 4.x - using autocomplete field
I agree with Holch but even in 3.x you will need to load jQuery UI - forums.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-thi...-map?start=30#197865

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose