Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Get Customer Name and Operator from URL to Survey

• lucapax
  • lucapax's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #206838 by lucapax
Hello everyone, I am new to the world of surveys and Limesurvey!

Premise:
My business software for tickets gives me the possibility to insert in the signature of the email (which arrives to the client after the closing of the ticket) the URL of the survey, with the id of the ticket and the name of who took care of it, as in this example:
www.mywebsite/#(ticket.number)/#johndoe

Demand:
We would like to be able to take the two information # and insert them automatically in two fields of the survey (the two fields can be visible), so that we can monitor the data for statistical purposes: who took care of the customer and who is the customer.
I looked at the GET Parameters and Url Flieds section guide but didn't quite understand if it was possible or not.
Thank you in advance
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 5 months ago #206856 by holch
This is possible, but you would need to format the URL differently. Have a look at the panel integration feature. You can create hidden questions and Limesurvey will read parameters from the survey link into this hiden fields.

But the survey url and the parameter need to follow the Limesurvey standard for Limesurvey to be able to read them.
manual.limesurvey.org/Panel_integration

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • lucapax
  • lucapax's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #206862 by lucapax
Thank you so much Holch!
Do the fields have to be hidden? We would like to leave them visible in the survey, and I would like to understand if the data within the fields collected by the URL contribute to the statistics because it is important that they do.
I'm grateful for your answer, it gave me a sigh of relief!
  • holch
More
3 years 5 months ago #206870 by holch
No, I don't think that they need to be hidden. In most cases people do not want to show those fields, but if you want to show them, I don't think it is a problem.
I think they should be part of the statistics. They are normal questions. However, usually you store this information in a (hidden) text field, so there is no real "statistics" there I guess.

But you can use equations to transform them, etc. I mean for the ticket number I personally can't really see what statistics you want for this. In most cases the ticket number will appear only once in the survey, right?

Also, what statistics do you expect for the name of who took care of it?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose