Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can registered users from one survey get automatic access to another survey

• JEfromCanada
  • JEfromCanada's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #205177 by JEfromCanada
I've been using LimeSurvey for many years for all sorts of purposes. One such purpose is a voting poll (24 categories annually). I personally hate surveys that cram dozens of questions into a single survey when all a voter wants to do is vote for his friend in just one category. So, for the past several years, I have created 24 separate surveys - one survey per voting category - and if someone wants to vote in more than one category, they just take a second survey (which amounts to answering a single question).

Up until now, all surveys have been anonymous and open to the public (i.e. no tokens). Each year, we have to contend with voter fraud (multiple votes cast by a single voter), so we're considering using a self-registration process this year (not anonymous and token based).

My question is whether a registered "voter" needs to register separately for each of the 24 categories/surveys, or whether, once registered, (s)he will be able to vote in a second category without having to re-register. I guess what I'm asking is whether there is a "global" participants list that can span multiple surveys and allow participants to take part by logging in and then choosing which survey they wish to complete?

I am currently using version 2.73.0+171219 so if this capability is not available here but is available in a more recent version, I would consider installing a second version of the software.

Secondary question. If I decided to combine all 24 categories into single survey, is there an easy way to allow voters to select which questions (categories) they wish to answer without forcing them to sequentially deal with all categories?

Thank you for your assistance.
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 6 months ago #205181 by Joffm
Hi,

Secondary question. If I decided to combine all 24 categories into single survey, is there an easy way to allow voters to select which questions (categories) they wish to answer without forcing them to sequentially deal with all categories?

This is the best idea.
Buzzword: question relevance.

First question: A multiple question where the participant selects the categories.
Next questions: Display the selected category/ies by relevance equation.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose