Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Hardware Voting Keypad

• l12431
  • l12431's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #205073 by l12431
Hardware Voting Keypad was created by l12431
Hello together,

i am very new in this Topic. At the moment i am looking for a Voting System for my Company conference Room. Lime Survey looks very promising.

But is it possible to use Hardware Remote Controls for the Voting? Like a small Keypad with the Options (A,B,C) would be enough.
Maybe this is possible and you already have a Hardware set which you can recommend.

Thank you very much :)

Greetings
The topic has been locked.
More
3 years 7 months ago #205077 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Hardware Voting Keypad
LimeSurvey is browserbased. So attaching a input device with e.g. A,B,C keys won't help you navigating the browser to e.g. submit the survey.
You might try to use tablets with a kioskmode browser and a optimized theme.
Which still will be inferior to a real livevoting system with special hardware and time slots for voting.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: l12431
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 7 months ago #205099 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Hardware Voting Keypad
To be honest, using Limesurvey for such an endeavor seems to be total overkill. It has too many features you don't need and it doesn't have the exact feature you do need, I guess.

I also don't know how your voting hardware works. Is this hardware just one device and it goes around the conference room, or would each seat have their own voting keypad?

Personally, I would assume that this very specific hardware already comes with a software special anyway.

If you want to use Limesurvey, I would rather setup a system to send emails with an invitation link with token to the meeting participants, they click on the link, respond, finished.

However, I don't think that this can really substitute a real time voting during a meeting, with a specific hardware. The process is certainly slower.

I am sure you can build some kind of voting process with Limesurvey as it is quite flexible, but it will require some work, for sure.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose