Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Having multiple surveys presented at random from one link

• liamcal
  • liamcal's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #204736 by liamcal
Hello!

I have 3 different surveys I wish to distribute evenly, however I want to do so using the one link that randomly distributes my 3 survey to respondents.

I found this old topic on the forums where someone had the exact same query as myself:

forums.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-thi...random-from-one-link

I am not sure where to enter the script that is mentioned in this forum and how to implement the recommendation.

I also found this in the manual:

I am not sure how to Create a new directory in my server. I am wondering if I need to upgrade from LimeSurvey Basic to LimeSurvey Expert to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance!

Liam
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 7 months ago #204738 by tpartner
Both of those solutions require that you create a remote (outside of LimeSurvey) PHP file and place it on a web server. You will need a little PHP/HTML skill and access to the server.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • tpartner
More
3 years 7 months ago #204739 by tpartner
Another solution would be to create a "redirection" survey and direct to one of the three surveys via End URL.

You can use Expression Manager to tailor the End URL based on a hidden equation question that generates a random number 1-3.

Code:
https://example.com/index.php?r=survey/index&sid={if(random == 1, 111111, if(random == 2, 222222, 333333))}

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • liamcal
  • liamcal's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #204825 by liamcal
Hi tpartner,

In regards to your second suggestion, are you saying to create a new survey that has no contents, its URL will be the one you have provided and its sole purpose will be to redirect participants to my three surveys?

In regards to the URL you have provided, for this section: (random == 1, 111111, if(random == 2, 222222, 333333))}

for the 111111, 222222, 333333 etc, what text do I actually insert here? Is it the current URL's I have for each survey into that space?

Thank you

Liam
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by liamcal.
  • tpartner
More
3 years 7 months ago #204835 by tpartner
You could hide all content in the "redirection" survey and use JavaScript to click "Submit" but it would be easier to provide some text content and have the respondent click through to the following survey.

The example URL I provided is the End URL in the "redirect" survey. The 111111, 222222, 333333 are the survey IDs of your following surveys.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose