Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Use Remote Control API to get responses that are disabled (irrelavant)

• cacorns
  • cacorns's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #204719 by cacorns
I would like to get responses that are irrelevant (not displayed for the participant) marked as "N/A" when using Remote Control API, export_responses or export_responses_by_token methods.

When I use that methods and export "long" answers, only multiple choice, multiple choice with comments, and yes or no question types get responses with "N/A" when the question is irrelevant. I'm wondering why this occurs. Why LS only returns "N/A" in that types of questions and not for all the other types? At least if the question types are saved as CHAR in the data base.

When I export a VV file for the responses the questions that are irrelevant are displayed with "{question_not_shown}" in the responses cells of the csv exported, so I can't understand why normal csv export does not display "N/A" for all that are irrelevant.

I found a plugin ( Export complete answers (code and full answer) for LimeSurvey export ) that do this when exporting from the LS interface, but I need to get the responses from my application, that uses Remote Control API.

I'm using version 2.73.1 for compatibility with my application. This behaviour changed in more recent versions of LS?

Is there a workaround in 2.73.1 version?
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose