Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Jump back to previous question in LS4?

• ch123
  • ch123's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #204557 by ch123
Hey.

I have already found some threads about it, but they are many years old and don't really help me.
Is it possible to jump back to a specific question in Limesurvey 4.3?
My survey has some questions where, under a certain condition, the answers of a previous question should be "adapted".
My previous solution would be to display the corresponding questionnaire block again with a condition. But unfortunately I don't think this is perfect (because I can't determine exactly how often I would have to copy it etc.).
Is there a way to do this with JavaScript or something? :)

Thanks for any help!
The topic has been locked.
More
3 years 7 months ago #204572 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Jump back to previous question in LS4?
There is no jump back functionality in LS4. I don't see a workaround via Javascript for that. At least if you don't have all questions on one page. Which mostly makes no sense if you want to use other features, with only work with a page change.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
More
3 years 6 months ago #205133 by davebostockgmail
Replied by davebostockgmail on topic Jump back to previous question in LS4?
There is not a "go back to" feature but I have found that you can trick LS to go back to a specific question in the survey quite by accident.

To do this you need to have access to the database server ...

If you modify the "Next" button on a specific page to go to an external PHP file you can update the "Last Page" data column in the database ... then returning to the survey will send you back to that page in the survey.

Depending on what you want to do this may be a possibility.

I found this when using this method to jump out of a LS to a different package and then jumping back into the survey at the next question which needed the "last page" updating, when I got that page number wrong it returned me to earlier in the survey.
More
3 years 6 months ago #205137 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Jump back to previous question in LS4?
Thanks for posting your workaround. Sound like that kind of workaround can be useful for jumping back and integrating thirdparty parts in a survey. Perhaps that can be turned into plugin. A integrated feature would still be nice.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
More
3 years 6 months ago #205151 by davebostockgmail
Replied by davebostockgmail on topic Jump back to previous question in LS4?
Here is a more detailed description of how it was done with 3.x ... may need some updating for 4.x

forums.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-thi...ue-with-first-survey

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose