Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Adding Subquestions / Options within Active Survey

• christianlangkamp
  • christianlangkamp's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #204047 by christianlangkamp
Adding Subquestions / Options within Active Survey was created by christianlangkamp

I am actually not so much doing a survey as trying to prototype a matching / dating service questionnaire. Not for romance, but to better match volunteers with old people in a care home / refugees. In particular as due to Covid we are not supposed to try out 100 people but actually it would be good to keep variety of contacts small.

So the key basis would be interests / hobbies, and within that specific cues. Whilst I mined Wikipedia / the Internet for a variety of hobbies and interests there is a high likelihood that I forgot / missed an important one or a specific (a specific is for example baking patisserie to the general hobby baking or metal crafting to the general hobby crafting.

Whilst for scientific purposes obviously surveys should not be amended post golive, adding a question that simply says do you also do X (no, a little, very) is not problematic, but the way Limesurvey is designed probably prevents me adding question post go live.

One item I have thought of was to just add 30 additional question, initially hide them, and then change the text and unhide them (if that is possible) as some people tell me 'you missed this option' ....

But there might be cleverer / smarter ways to go about this.

Any suggestions ?

The topic has been locked.
More
3 years 8 months ago #204048 by jelo

christianlangkamp wrote: But there might be cleverer / smarter ways to go about this.

I haven't seen a smarter way with LimeSurvey if you don't want to deactivate the running survey.

Till the database-structure will be changed a lot, there will be no adding of questions of an activated survey.

I second your idea to add questions and subquestions in advance and hide them.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose