Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Change multiple short text-items: alignment, size and visibility of text box(es)

• Anika___
  • Anika___'s Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #203054 by Anika___
Hello all,

I need help again in creating two items types.

I will explain my questions and also add a sample survey below to display my problems and what I have done so far:
1.First item type: Prefix or the first half of a word is “missing”
Example: I read this in the ____paper today. (newspaper)

• I used a multiple short text item to create it, but encountered these problems:
    • The textbox is not aligned to the second part of the word, i.e. there is a space between the text box and “paper”. How can I align it directly to the second part of the word?
    • I can only enter one letter into the text box. How can I change the size of the text box so that It allows for more letters?
    • I inserted a code to hide the test box that automatically appears at the end of the sentence in this item type (see sample survey). However, this disappearance only works if the item is displayed separately or if it is the last item to appear in a group. If the item is displayed within a group (i.e. not being the last one), the text box reappears. How can I change the code I used so that the text box is hidden no matter where the item appears?
    2.Second item type: One entire word in a sentence / row is missing (problems similar to item 1)
    Example: good - ______ - best

Again, I used a multiple short text. Again, I can only enter one letter into the text box.
    So my question is the same as for item type 1: How can I expand the size of the text box (and again, hide the text box at the end of the sentence if the item is displayed NOT at the end of a group?).

I hope I expressed myself fine and I am happy for any hints or suggestions on where to find help!

Thank you!
    Anika

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...4995.lss
    File Size:16 KB

Version 2.67.3 170728
  • The topic has been locked.
    • Joffm
    • LimeSurvey Community Team
    More
    3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #203088 by Joffm
    Hi,
    if you only want to have a text box between, use a question of type "short text" with prefix and suffix.
    Unfortunately you have to set the "input box width" rather high.
    Otherwise you will see the prefix above and the suffix below the box. Seems to be an old bug in this release. Best you try.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
    Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
    Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Joffm.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Anika___
    The topic has been locked.
    • Anika___
    More
    3 years 8 months ago #203112 by Anika___
    Thanks a lot, Joffm!

I will try this tomorrow and let you know how it went!

Cheers,
    Anika
    • Anika___
    More
    3 years 8 months ago #203157 by Anika___
    Dear Joofm, dear all,

I have tried "short text" item and worked with the prefix and suffix option.
    Thank you VERY much, it was really easy and looks like this:

I just have one last question regard the first item (missing prefix):
    Which style do I need to align the textbox directly to the word "paper", so that there is no gap between box and paper and participants immediatly see that the box is "part" of the word? Also, what styles do I use to change the length of the box? I would like to adjust it a little, its very long for the word "news".

If these questions are too detailed, I would be very grateful if you'd shared maybe a link or another source where I can read about changing styles in limesurvey in general, then I read it up!

Thank you!
    Anika
    • Joffm
    More
    3 years 8 months ago #203167 by Joffm
    Therefore I showed the "input box width".
    Try which setting is the best for your needs.

Your second question: I don't know. Still I did not find the necessary css classes.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
    Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Anika___

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose