Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Embed Video into Survey + Embed Survey into Webpage

• byw_yn_iach
  • byw_yn_iach's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #201026 by byw_yn_iach
Hi

I am looking to embed a video within my survey. Is this doable? If so, how do I accomplish this?

I would then like to embed the survey within a web page (Wordpress site). Is this doable? If so, how do I accomplish this?

I'm a new user of LimeSurvey so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Ryan
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by byw_yn_iach.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 10 months ago #201039 by tpartner
1) Assuming your respondents are using modern browsers, you can use a <video> element. www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_video.asp

2) You can place the survey in an iframe on your web page. www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_iframe.asp

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • byw_yn_iach
More
3 years 10 months ago #201042 by byw_yn_iach
Replied by byw_yn_iach on topic Embed Video into Survey + Embed Survey into Webpage
Thank you for your answer! Where do I add the Video tag? Is there a way to edit the Survey code to add it?

Also, is only a simple iFrame required?
  • tpartner
More
3 years 10 months ago #201046 by tpartner

Where do I add the Video tag? Is there a way to edit the Survey code to add it?

I don't know where you want the video, but I imagine you want to put it in the source of a question or the group description. Did you try?

Also, is only a simple iFrame required?

Yes. Did you try?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • byw_yn_iach
More
3 years 10 months ago #201050 by byw_yn_iach
Replied by byw_yn_iach on topic Embed Video into Survey + Embed Survey into Webpage
Hi Tony

I really appreciate your help. I have sorted the embed on a web page. That's working. The video doesn't seem to want to cooperate.

I have attempted it with Video tags, it won't work. I have tried using the inbuilt Video function too (embed code form YouTube) and it loads, but as soon as I save the question is disappears.
  • tpartner
More
3 years 10 months ago #201052 by tpartner
My guess is that you don't have permissions to embed videos. You will need to disable the XSS filter in Global settings --> Security.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

More
3 years 10 months ago #201154 by FSoave
hi, sorry for the follow up question but I'm having troubles as well with a video. I have my video on dropbox and it's visible with the link (shairng permission as ' everyone can see'). I disabled xss as you mentioned but still not luck. The video doesn;t show up although the frame is there (e.g. it takes space in the html page) and I can right click -> show video and it will show it in dropbox page.
What's the right way to embed this?
Thanks!
  • holch
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #201163 by holch
Depending on the version, there are security limits regarding iframes in your installation.

manual.limesurvey.org/global_settings#Security

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by holch.
More
3 years 10 months ago #201164 by FSoave
I wasn't using iFrames, but html video player as in code above..btw same issue with youtube links (not iFrame)..instead, it works well with videos that are in my server..
  • holch
More
3 years 10 months ago #201165 by holch

although the frame is there (e.g. it takes space in the html page)

Than I misread this.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose