Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Longitudinal study with their previous answers

• CodyPlourde
  • CodyPlourde's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #200095 by CodyPlourde
Hello, I am new to LimeSurvey and have a couple of questions.

Firstly, I want to do a longitudinal study where the participants would answer the same survey up to 4 or 5 times. How do I ensure that each participant receives a unique link so that we can accumulate their answers individually? That way I would be able to compare their answers from their previous survey filling. Is the Iterate survey the best way to do this?

Secondly, this research requires that the participants see their answers from their previous filling on the follow-ups (T-1). So, on the second filling they see their answers from the first filling, then see their answers from the second filling on the third and so on. After a lot of research, I cannot find the setting that allows this…

Lastly, I’m trying to integrate a comment answer to a Multiple numerical input (slider) question. Is there a way to integrate this to the question or is the best option, adding a follow-up long free text question?

Thank you
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 10 months ago #200098 by Joffm
Hi,

1st & 2nd question:
Did you read the first paragraph?
manual.limesurvey.org/Iterate_survey

Here you see

In certain scenarios you may want to have a recurring survey - using the same survey structure for the same set of participants to compare the previous responses of one participant to those submitted later by the same one.

and

For such recurring surveys, you may find it convenient for the participant to see the survey pre-filled with his previous answers when he participates for the second time to the survey.

And did you follow the steps, created a survey, entered data several times to find out if it works for you?

3rd question:
Use a follow up text question.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
The following user(s) said Thank You: CodyPlourde
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose