Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Dual Array - Numerical Drop Down (1) Text Drop Down (2)

• WMPsurvey
  • WMPsurvey's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #198416 by WMPsurvey
Hello,

I have created a survey in Lime, but need to make an update. After going through topic pages, I found some questions that were similar, but not exactly what I am looking to do. I believe Lime has the ability to do what I am looking for, however, I do not know how to do any of the coding, which might be a problem. (I have just been using the fields provided by Lime like, logic, display, and conditions).

My current survey has 2 questions (1 group)-

Question 1 - multiple choice with 15 answers. "From the list of functions below, please mark the ones your role is involved in".

Question 2 - Filtered Numerical Array based on answers from #1. Each functional area has 10 "tasks", the question is "On average what percentage of your time is allocated to each activity?". The question has an array filter based on Q#1. The numerical array has a drop-down of (0-100, 5 pt scale). There is logic built in to ensure that the total numerical inputs =100.

Everything I have works exactly how I need it too. Now, here's the addition I need to add-

I need Question 2 to be a Dual Array. The first column I need to work exactly how I have in current state - numerical drop-down (0-100, 5pt scale) with logic for subquestion responses to total 100. I need to add a second column that has a text dropdown (Option 1, Option 2, Option 3, Option 4, Option 5).

For my second array column, I don't need any additional logic. Respondents can answer it, or leave it blank. Each dropdown response will have the same 5 options for each subquestion.

If it is helpful, I can scrub my current survey with dummy info and upload it for you to review the current state. Again, I am not familiar with doing coding or plug-ins. But, if that is my only option, I can try and learn!

Please let me know if additional details are needed. Thank you in advance for your support.
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #198422 by Joffm
Hi,
so it is not a dual array (this is something different with a special purpose)
You would like to display an array with two drop-downs.
Like this?

This thread gives you a good overview.
www.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-this-w...est-template?start=0

Joffm

If it is helpful, I can scrub my current survey with dummy info and upload it for you to review the current state.

This is always advisable.
So we don't have to waste time to recreate your approach.

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Joffm.
  • WMPsurvey
  • WMPsurvey's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #198792 by WMPsurvey
Yes, that is what I am looking for. However, I have not the faintest idea of how to do javascript. Do you have any resources that I could read to teach myself?

I also tried a different approach, but I'm not sure it will work. I turned on assessments in my survey and have my question as an Array Dual Scale. It looks exactly how I want, BUT I can't quite figure out how to create logic that will ensure the % Of Time Spent = 100 before moving onto next page.

Is there a way to evaluate Assessment Values in the logic of the question?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose