Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

De-activate a survey and still be able to keep responses

• lefondu
  • lefondu's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #197949 by lefondu
I have an active private survey going on now, with about 100 passcodes generated. So far only about 50 responses were completed, half way so far. However, I would like to stop/freeze any additional opportunity for new attempt of responses, but at the sametime, maintain or keep the existing responses. I cannot find a way to do this with Limesurvey. Because if I attempt to de-activate the survey now, it will wipe out all of my participants, which in turn delete all of the existing responses.

I would think it would be useful to have a feature where the admin can "freeze" the survey and "resume" it.

Thank you for any input.
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #197950 by Joffm
Hi,

I would like to stop/freeze any additional opportunity for new attempt of responses, but at the sametime, maintain or keep the existing responses

Therefore there is the option of "Expiration" when you deactivate the survey

Or you set an expiration date directly here

These two options keep all data and tokens but the survey is not accessible by participants.
You only remove the expiration date to "open" the survey again.

Even if you really deactivate the survey there are created these two tables "lime_old_..." and timestamp.

And if you decide to activate the survey again, you have the option to import these files.
1. Responses:

2. Tokens

So, which addional option do you like to have?

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Joffm.
  • lefondu
  • lefondu's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #197951 by lefondu
Thank you for your awesome solution. Setting the expiration date is awesome. I just tested it and it worked great. If you're around here, I would like to invite you for sushi to thank you. Oh wait, all restaurants around my area are still closed.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose