Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Prematurely forcing submission of survey

• KhemrajC
  • KhemrajC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #197898 by KhemrajC
Hi,

I have read on screening out and assigning quota but I fear this is not applicable for a particular case which is as such:

There are about 12 questions which many dependent conditions and survey may be completed in just 5 questions as i have used screening out technique when structuring the questionnaire.

Upon the second question (single choice) and should the answer be the first option which denotes severe health status and when checked, emergency numbers are displayed in the following display text question.

At this instant, I want the very last thank you page to then be displayed with the submit button.

I tried with conditions on the last thank you display question depending on the first answer of the second question. It is just not jumping and most probably because there are other intermediate questions and their associated conditions.

I need this respondent data as a completed survey.

How do I proceed ?

Thank you very much.

Best regards
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by KhemrajC. Reason: Accidentally submitted when typing
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 11 months ago #197907 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Prematurely forcing submission of survey

At this instant, I want the very last thank you page to then be displayed with the submit button.

If you really want to do it this way, you have to add this relevance equation to all questions in between.
"question2!=option 1", additionally to other relevance equation in questions.
So these questions are only displayed if the respondent didn't check option1.

But I personally preferred a quota solution.

I need this respondent data as a completed survey.

You do not.
You always may export all participants and remove all "not completes with question2!=option1"
So you keep the completes and the screen outs by this "option1" quota.

Joffm,

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • KhemrajC
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 11 months ago #197919 by KhemrajC
Replied by KhemrajC on topic Prematurely forcing submission of survey
Hi,

So I need to add the relevant equation to all the questions in between Question 2 until the last thank you page, {question2!=option1} without the curly braces.

My issue is that I have massively made use of the condition editor for all those questions in between and the relevant equation are already dynamically filled in through the condition editor.

For e.g, Question 3 is a text display for emergency numbers and it shows up when Option1 for Q2 is checked. Same happens when Option2 is also checked. When Option3 or 4, another information panel as a text display, Q4 is showed up. In the normal flow, Q5 would automatically be next.

Besides, Q3 showing up when Option1 of Q2 is checked, I also want the last thank you page, Q12, to show up next and forcing the submission. if Option2 of Q2 is checked, then it is the normal flow as described above.

How do I still add, {question2!=option 1}, by still preserving my existing conditions since the relevant field already contains equation as per the condition editor?

Anyway, your trick of quota appears to be simpler as I may still do filtering when exporting out.

Also, any example or link for its usage?

It is my very first experience with LS and also for formulating a questionnaire.

Thanks a lot for guiding me.

Best regards
  • KhemrajC
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 11 months ago #197938 by KhemrajC
Replied by KhemrajC on topic Prematurely forcing submission of survey
Hi,

I just managed it by adding the recommended relevance equation to the subsequent groups until the last page. It preserved all other existing conditions for the dependent questions within the groups in between.

I was wrongly putting the EM:

Q2_A1 != "Y" instead of Q2.NAOK != "A1"

Thanks for guiding.

Best regards

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose