Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Conducting the survey on a mobile phone

• ksemmler
  • ksemmler's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #197634 by ksemmler
Conducting the survey on a mobile phone was created by ksemmler
Hello,

I am testing Lime Survey on a desktop and a mobile device. On a desktop the survey runs smoothly. On a mobile device, when I want to visualize the questionnaire (open the link to the survey), the questionnaire is disclosed but It does not progress as it should. It gets stuck in the first view where users have to check a box and agree to the data security information. I do not think this is a problem with the template. The details are as follow:

Version: I am using the latest professional LTS (Version 3.22.9) - free version available for testing.
Template: bootswatch
Android version: 8.1.0
Link to the survey: datentanken.limequery.com/912867?lang=de

Thanks
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 11 months ago #197644 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Conducting the survey on a mobile phone
Hi have this issue on Fennec F-Droid : on welcome page : the 'checkbox' button are invisible.

Please : report the issue if you use default theme

And the worst : it seems to be default browser css here ...

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • Joffm
More
3 years 11 months ago #197649 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Conducting the survey on a mobile phone
You see the typo ?
"Die Teilnahme ist freiwilig"

I know, you read it a thousand times, but don't realize.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • ksemmler
More
3 years 11 months ago #197842 by ksemmler
Replied by ksemmler on topic Conducting the survey on a mobile phone
Hi Denis,
Thank you for your reply. I have actually took off the data security check box (all that section on data security), but the problem remains. For example with this other short questionnaire (without security agreement), the questionnaire gets stuck, it does not proceed displaying the questions. Here is also the link to that questionnaire: datentanken.limequery.com/283633?lang=en

PS: What do you mean by default browser css
  • ksemmler
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #197854 by ksemmler
Hi Joffm,

Thanks for pointing out the typo! However I am still having the problem of not being able to see all the questionnaire displayed. It seems the problem is not the template... datentanken.limequery.com/912867?lang=de
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by ksemmler.
  • Joffm
More
3 years 11 months ago #197860 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Conducting the survey on a mobile phone
Hi,
and I didn't want to say more.

But now I started your survey on my smartphone, saw the checkbox. Okay.
But I remembered to have seen this behaviour in a different (commercial) tool (long time ago). On my tablet a questionnaire didn't show checkboxes.
Well, it was a very cheap tablet and I didn't care about. And don't remember which browser I used.
So, no idea.

But something to your questionnaire.
Sorry, but I do not know any brand of "Händedesinfektion".
And going further I see brands I never heard of. So your sample is not general population, or?

And is there a wrong routing between Q3 and Q4?
Even if I say "never heard of" I am asked Q4.
They same Q4 -> Q5.

Though there are always answer options "didn't hear about..."

In my opinion you should skip these questions if the respondent doesn't know the product at all.
Otherwise he will see the next question, doesn't scroll down to the option "didn't hear about", but takes the questionnaire as badly programmed and terminates.

Only some thoughts.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • DenisChenu
More
3 years 11 months ago #197955 by DenisChenu

Joffm wrote: But now I started your survey on my smartphone, saw the checkbox. Okay.
But I remembered to have seen this behaviour in a different (commercial) tool (long time ago). On my tablet a questionnaire didn't show checkboxes.
Well, it was a very cheap tablet and I didn't care about. And don't remember which browser I used.
So, no idea.

It seems Fennec F-Droid default style are not so good on little screen.

OK with lineageos 17 (Android 10) default browser.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • DenisChenu
More
3 years 11 months ago #197964 by DenisChenu

• ksemmler
More
3 years 11 months ago #198058 by ksemmler
Hi Joff,

Thank you so much for your feedback. You are totally right, if the respondent does not know the product there should be an option like "not applicable" in the questionnaire. I spent a lot of time trying to insert that option in the questionnaire in some questions. But this is not possible unless you go to the general settings and enable the "no answer" option for all questions. I do not find that way really good. I would prefer if LS offers the possibility to insert in each desired question a "not applicable option" - even you should be able to give it the name you want it to that option. This is for me a minus point, I would say.

I have checked again the questionnaire and I do not have the problem you mention going through the questions 3 to the end. Now some questions are obligatory to answer (with a red *). Questions 3 to the end offer the possibility to answer the questions even if the person does not know the product(s). But again the "no answer" option is not my favorite way to deal with that as it can mean whatever.
PS: Yes, this is a study for a small group of people that we assume know the product(s) - at least a few of them.
  • ksemmler
More
3 years 11 months ago #198059 by ksemmler
Just one more thing. I have no problem vizualising and running the survey on the internet in my smart phone, but actually I do have a problem to display it in an App we are developing using a Webview - pretty simple...It seems LimeSurvey's integration capabilities are not so well understood...any experience on that?
  • ksemmler
More
3 years 11 months ago #198060 by ksemmler
Thank you Denis.
My problem is actually running the survey in an App. Over the internet, in my mobile device, it works perfectly. But when I provide the link in an App using a URL block (Webview, which is pretty simple), it does not work. Other online-survey tools run without problem. With LS only the first part as I mentioned. Do you have any information about the integration of Lime Survey in an App?
  • DenisChenu
More
3 years 11 months ago #198076 by DenisChenu

ksemmler wrote: My problem is actually running the survey in an App.

I quit …

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose