Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can I change some of the Defaults for new questions?

• ahassoun
  • ahassoun's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 1 week ago #197351 by ahassoun
Hello,

I will be working on some large surveys on a regular basis - so I think some minor adjustments would save me a lot of clicks and page reloads.

1. Any documentation/manual on importing questions from CSV? Or an option to add several questions of the same type on 1 page?

If not,

2. Can I change the default:
2.1. Question type
2.2. Mandatory setting
?

I searched a bit for those and I only found old answers from 2016. I am sure (and hope :lol: ) that the code has changed enough that those solutions won't work.

And one more question: is the only way to change the order of questions, is to change each question individually? There is no drag & drop similar to Groups? If I changed some questions order I am sure I will have to change the rest because they are set to 0

Best regards!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 1 week ago #197352 by holch

There is no drag & drop similar to Groups?

You can drag and drop questions in the left "structure" panel, just like you can do with groups. But watch out, sinde LS4 there is a little "lock" symbol to lock and unlock the drag and drop.

I have no answers for the other questions.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• ahassoun
  • ahassoun's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 1 week ago #197354 by ahassoun
Perfect! I don't know why it didn't (or so I thought) work when I tried it first. I thought it moves a question between groups only, not within the same group.

Thank you.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose