Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

BIG PROBLEM CONDITIONS?!

• FrankyQuest
  • FrankyQuest's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #191799 by FrankyQuest
BIG PROBLEM CONDITIONS?! was created by FrankyQuest
i have problems with my branching conditions...i will try my best to explain that

i'm using LS 3.20.2

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...2-05.lss
File Size:494 KB
this is the lss.

so i have this kind of path (look the picture)

i have 5 Big categories of groups which are SC, AV, VD, CA, RS and for every category i have a special group for the age, so i have
SC18
SC30
SC60
SC99
AV18
AV30
and so on, as you can imagine, this is the order of the groups in my limesurvey, and basically i wanto to follow the path as the age is select, so the first question is, what is your age and four options (18(A1), 30(A2), 60(A3), 99(A4)) Ax is the answer id.
in the relevance equation in the group e.g SC18 i put ((Age1.NAOK == "A1")) this is my selection tom determine in which group you should enter and this is working.

now comes the real problem.
for entering the next group of questions which is AV18 e.g i used this relevance equation ---> ((SC18001.NAOK == "A1" OR "A2" OR "A3"))
[where sc18001 is the id question of the first question and its mandatory so basiccally i dont bother which is the answer but important is that you give an answer](all questions are radio button with 3 options)

and the same i have in VD, CA, RS but if i choose the path 30 for exemple it goes in the category SC30 which is correct but after that it goes into the category AV18 but it should go to AV30 so i dont know whats wrong.

basically i want that you need just to answer to the question of the previous aged category to enter the other ---> better explenation...

SC18 (answer the mandatory question) ---> AV18(answer the mandatory question)-->VD18(answer the mandatory question) so on

SC30(answer the mandatory question)-->AV30(answer the mandatory question)-->vd30(answer the mandatory question)

SC60(answer the mandatory question)-->AV60(answer the mandatory question)-->VD60 .....so on as you can imagine

i appreciate if someone answers, if you dont understand let me know i will try to explain better
thanks FG

ps: im new to LS please tell me exactly where and what to put, dont be generic, sorry again
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by FrankyQuest.
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #191801 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic BIG PROBLEM CONDITIONS?!
Hi,
at first sight:

((SC18001.NAOK == "A1" OR "A2" OR "A3")) is wrong syntax.

it has to be:

(SC18001.NAOK == "A1") OR (SC18001.NAOK == "A2") OR (SC18001.NAOK == "A3")

And here
((CA30001.NAOK == "A1" && "A2" && "A3"))
it is not only wrong syntax but wrong logic.
Even if you say
(CA30001.NAOK == "A1") && (CA30001.NAOK == "A2") && (CA30001.NAOK == "A3")
this equation is always FALSE.
CA30001 cannot be equal to "A1" and equal to "A2" and equal to "A3" at the same time.
I think you mean OR = ||

And what for do you have a randomization group name in the groups. IMO you want to randomize the questions.

Joffm

And one last thing: Do you really think we will go through your survey with 41 groups and 191 questions?

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Joffm.
  • FrankyQuest
  • FrankyQuest's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #191810 by FrankyQuest
Replied by FrankyQuest on topic BIG PROBLEM CONDITIONS?!
so firstly i would like to ask you to dont be ironic or sarcastic, since yes i have 191 questions and 41 groups, but the survey will have just 25 questions because if you are in section of 18th age you wont enter in the section of the 30s age.

i asked already in this forum how can i show just 5 questions out of X chosen randomly and the only answers i received is to duplicate the questions group and hide the second group if you have a better solutions i will really appreciate that!

i know that & is not the correct logical operator, but somehow it worked with little problems., now that i corrected the
syntax is working, thank you very much.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by FrankyQuest.
  • Joffm
  • Away
More
4 years 4 months ago #191813 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic BIG PROBLEM CONDITIONS?!
Oh, it was neither meant ironical nor sarcastic.
I did not talk about the respondents, but of us who try to find your mistake(s).
Honestly, if we ask for a sample export we ask for a prototype with only the questions affected.

So in your case it would have been sufficient to create the age question and only groups containing a placeholder question.
This way it is easier for us volunteers to find the issue.
Otherwise we really have to go through each question just to make sure that there is no mistake.

Your question about the randomized display of 5 questions out of 10 was something quite different and did not affect your problem with relevance equations.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose