Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Interactive Bar Chart in LimeSurvey

• BusyBonsai
  • BusyBonsai's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #191462 by BusyBonsai
Interactive Bar Chart in LimeSurvey was created by BusyBonsai
Dear Limes

- in this case I am using LS Version 2.73.0+171219 -

I am looking for a way to implement an interactive bar chart in an online survey, responding on numerical inputs.
I imagine as follows:

question type: multiple numerical input
sum validation: 100 (percentage)
placing a bar chart (e.g. in the question text field) where bars are drawing when input is altered.
lets say the bar chart is empty at first, just showing the horizontal axis from 0 to 100 and the y axis with three variables a, b and c.
So there are three numerical input fields a,b and c.
When the respondent types in "30" in input field a, graph a will be drawn from 0 to 30.
Then, when the respondent types in "50" in input field b, graph b will be drawn from 0 to 50.
When the respondent types in "20" in input field c, graph c will be drawn from 0 to 20.

I am pretty certain this should be possible with e.g. highcharts or google charts, but couldn't manage to code it yet. Do you have any suggestions?

Best
Adam
The topic has been locked.
  • BusyBonsai
  • BusyBonsai's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #191587 by BusyBonsai
Replied by BusyBonsai on topic Interactive Bar Chart in LimeSurvey
Quick Update: This is put on ice now since the researcher wants to use another software than LS.

In case anyone has a solution spending low effort - e.g. because they have implemented it for themselves already - I'd still be interested for principals' sake (and possible LS surveys to come).

Best
Adam
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose