Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

selecting question groups to complete

• ordogz
  • ordogz's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #190734 by ordogz
Hi,

I am facing a challenge with my assessment type survey, more exactly I have 10 question groups with lot of questions in it.

Also, I've activated the question index menu, which allows me to see all the areas( question group titles) and jump between them.

My question is, can I enable/disable at the beginning of the survey which area I want to assess, and only those groups will be visible in the question index menu(in the top right of the page).

The reason for this, is not every assessed customer will need all the areas in the survey. Some of them(most of them) yes, but some of them will use only a few of the survey groups.

Thank you.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by ordogz.
The topic has been locked.
  • ordogz
  • ordogz's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #190839 by ordogz
Replied by ordogz on topic selecting question groups to complete
Anybody any idea on how could I accomplish this task?

I just want to be able to select at the beginning of the survey, which question groups will be used during the survey. The unselected ones should not be visible in the question index menu and the reports too.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 5 months ago #190861 by holch
Replied by holch on topic selecting question groups to complete
I never use the question index, so I don't really know if the questions/Question groups will disappear form the question index this way, but definitely NOT in the reports. Reports will show all questions, answered or not.

First of all, it would be important to know who is using this form and what it is used for, because this sounds strange:

The reason for this, is not every assessed customer will need all the areas in the survey. Some of them(most of them) yes, but some of them will use only a few of the survey groups.

So are the customers the ones that are being "assessed" or are they the ones that are "assessing"?

Actually I don't really need to know that, but I need to know: Who is filling in the form? The client? If so: how to do send the questionnaire to the client? Do you use tokens?

In the case of tokens, and if you know which client should see which questions, you could save this information in custom variables of the token table and then according to this, hide and show the question groups/questions accordingly through relevance equations.

If you do NOT know which groups the client should see beforehand, you could create a first question with a list of the question groups, where the client chooses from which groups they would like to answer. Then based on this question you can show/hide the following question groups via relevance equations.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• tpartner
More
4 years 5 months ago #190869 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic selecting question groups to complete
You should be able to hide index items via JavaScript depending on how you determine which groups are hidden.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 5 months ago #190938 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic selecting question groups to complete
If you use relevance for each group : it was hide at start of survey (not welcome page).

Then using relevcance with token attribute.

PS : it work last time i use it, if it's broken on the last LS : please report the issue.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose