Hey guys,
we've been using conditionals to build a "menu" for our survey (see attached .lss). Our goal is to use the survey as an input tool for observations during "potential analysis" (i simply translated the german term) with students. We want to use tablets for this and each observer has to enter data for up to six students. I know that this is not the original use case for lime survey, but it should work nevertheless, except for the problem below:
We are very happy with our menu structure (see attached .lss) but unfortunately we noticed, that because it's based on conditionals, only the responses for the last selected student are saved. We would love to keep this simple menu structure and our survey is quite long therefore using a different system would require a lot of work.
We've been considering two possible solutions for our problem:
(1) The most simple solution we thought about is to save the entered responses on every button click in the selection menu. I've been trying to get this to work. According to
this thread
it shouldn't be too hard to do. But I did not suceed until now.
(2) My second idea is to create questions that mirror the inputs of the questions hidden by conditionals and hide them via javascript or css so that their responses are being saved. Unfortunately I wasn't able to implement the mirroring aspect, although I think it shouldn't be hard. Not so good about this would be, that from my understanding the answers would be in the database, but after coming to a page they wouldn't be visible within the survey.
(3) A completely different approach would be to throw out the conditionals and create the same functionality with javascript or css. But I have no idea how to do this.
Can anyone help me with the implementation of any of these ideas? I'm also open for completely different approaches, but as I said, we fell in love the simplicity of the menu.
Regards limerboy