Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Make Respondent do something on other website, then return - in same session

• tobite
  • tobite's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #188126 by tobite
Hi everyone,

I am planning to have a preceeding questionnaire before I ask respondents to do something in a webshop and then have them return to the (ideally same) questionnaire again.

So far the best solution I can come up with is to have two surveys. Meaning: end the first survey completely. In the Out-Link pass a token or payload (I might not want to work with participant tables but rather allow anyone to participate, so token might not be possible). Keep the token/payload saved, while they do things in the shop and pass it again to the second survey start. Later I would have to join the responses then manually.

Obviously it would be more convenient to have the participants just 'leave' and be able to return on the push of a 'return' link, opening up the same questionnaire. This way I could have one response and not two and a more 'seamless' structure.

So I guess my question is: is there an element that I can put into the questionnare to send people out, that automatically creates a way to continue once they return? Like the final link with payload, but 'inbetween'. Or a 'forced pause' with out-link that will proceed to the next question on return. At best I would be even able to accept new information from the Shop system via URL-Parameter here.

Any ideas?

Thank you for you thoughts!
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 6 months ago #188563 by Joffm
Have a look at this solution by a bootstrap dialog.

www.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-this-w...rollable-modal-popup

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • tpartner
More
4 years 6 months ago #188589 by tpartner
If you need to record data from the remote site, this may help - www.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-this-w...vey-questions#180134

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose