LimesurveyRC: Is it possible to retrieve answer options with list_questions?

More
9 months 2 weeks ago - 9 months 2 weeks ago #187686 by datamunger
I am working on an application where I need to retrieve the questions including answer options for a bunch of surveys in python. Currently, I have a nested loop that goes through each survey, and retrieves anweroptions for each qid within that survey. The query time for this is about 15 - 60 seconds per survey, whereas a simple list_questions query only takes a few seconds. Is there any way to retrieve the answeroptions alongside other question with the list_questions (or another) command to speed this process up, and to avoid bombarding the API with queries?
Currently, my API query looks like this:
method = "get_question_properties"
    for i in surveyIDs: # surveyIDs is a list of the surveyIDs the user has access to
        # 'questions[i]' is a dataframe containing the results of a 'list_questions' query
        questions[i]['answeroptions'] = None # add column for answeroptions
        for index, row in questions[i].iterrows(): # for each question ID, we need to make a new API call
            row['answeroptions'] = api.query(method=method, params=OrderedDict([
                    ("sSessionKey", api.session_key),
                    ("iQuestionID", row['qid']),
                    ("aQuestionSettings", ['answeroptions'])
                ]))['answeroptions']
            if row['answeroptions'] == 'No available answer options': # if no answer options are provided, we try to use the parent's answer options (e.g. array questions)
                try:
                    row['answeroptions'] = questions[i][questions[i]['qid']==row['parent_qid']]['answeroptions'].reset_index(drop=True)[0]
                except: row['answeroptions'] = None # if this fails too (usually means there is no parent, and the question is not a real question), set it to None
Last edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by datamunger.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

LimeSurvey Partners
More
9 months 2 weeks ago #187770 by DenisChenu
You can create your own extended function for remotecontrol : extensions.sondages.pro/development-and-...i/documentation.html

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #187826 by datamunger
Thanks! Unfortunately, I am not the administrator of this installation, so I don't have the kind of access that would enable me to do this.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now