Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Public registration with validation in existing tokens list

• loconstantin
  • loconstantin's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #185295 by loconstantin
Hi,

We have a use case for internal eVoting which would require to validate a user before creating and sending a token.

So for instance, we would:

- upload a list of eligible users (email addresses)

- publish the survey with the public registration feature enabled

- then when a user registers the system will validate it against the list of eligible users

- if the user is in the list, the email with the token information will be sent to the user

- if the user is not in the list, an email proposing to contact the administrator will be sent to the user

Could this be done with a plugin? (we could pay for that :-)

Thanks,
Lo
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 10 months ago #185299 by cdorin
Hello Lo,

It seems there is a lot of work to be done :) .

Please note that we have a list of partners here: limesurvey.com . Perhaps you should write them directly.

Manual: manual.limesurvey.org/LimeSurvey_Manual
Bugs tracker: bugs.limesurvey.org/my_view_page.php
If you self-host and need help, contact one of our partners: limesurvey.com
Please do not contact me via PM - thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 10 months ago #185301 by holch
If you already have a list of eligible users, why do you not just send them the invitation with the token link directly.

What does the extra step of public registration give you? I currently don't see what this would add to your approach, besides more work for the respondents and of course for you.

But of course, there might be a valid reason that I just don't see at the moment.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • loconstantin
  • loconstantin's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #186557 by loconstantin
Thanks for your reply @holch and sorry to follow up only now...

Potential users are thousands while respondents may be hundreds so we wanted to avoid the creation of token for everybody when we know that only a percentage will submit an answer.
This feature already exists partially in LimeSurvey with the "Allow public registration" but our use case requires a validation before creating a token for the requestor.
That's why I thought it would not be too much work to have a plugin doing that but apparently not...
  • holch
More
4 years 9 months ago #186565 by holch

Potential users are thousands while respondents may be hundreds so we wanted to avoid the creation of token for everybody when we know that only a percentage will submit an answer.

OK, but what would be the disadvantage of creating a token for everyone? I don't see it as a big deal. Should be quite quick to create tokens for thousands. If it is just that, I wouldn't be worried. Of course, there might be more to it. We don't really know your specific case.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
More
4 years 9 months ago #186603 by DenisChenu
I'm OK with @holch ,
Create whole token and send email seems OK for me.

Else : it can be done in plugin «easily» (the most hard is adding the list of available user).
See gitlab.com/SondagesPro/SurveyAccess/registerQuick for sample code.

You can hire me

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: loconstantin

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose