Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Array (numbers). Unique numbers in each column, not row.

• nique
  • nique's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #180705 by nique
I feel like every derivative of this question has been asked and I think I found my answer in a post but then lost it. So apologies but a new post to ask for help.

I have an 7(y axis) x 8(x axis) array of numbers. Participants need to effectively rank the 7 items in order of importance under each of the 8 headers. Therefore I need the numbers in each column to be unique but not the rows.

A screenshot of the actual question is attached.

I used unique(self) in question validation but believe this wants all 56 numbers to be unique. I think I need to use unique(something with the question code) but I am not sure what. If it helps, my y axis is 1-7 and x axis is A-H question codes.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 1 month ago #180710 by DenisChenu
Can you try
unique(self.sq_A.NAOK) and unique(self.sq_B.NAOK) and …

See manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager....27that.27_variables

sq_X - where X is a row or column identifier. Only subquestions matching pattern X are selected. Note that search is done on complete code identifier, then sq_X match and include subquestions nX, X, Xn (e.g. if you use sq_1, subquestions a1, 1a, 1, 11 or 001 was included). Put attention at dual scale question type where subquestions code are QCODE_SQCODE_1 and QCODE_SQCODE_1 and to ranking question type where subquestions code are QCODE_1,QCODE_2 ....

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nique
  • nique
  • nique's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #180956 by nique
Thank you!

Idiot me thought I needed each row to be unique and then maybe a cross between column, rather than simply each column being unique. My logic was lost so thanks for your help.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose