Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Restrict visibility of user list for user admins

• leadmeout
  • leadmeout's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #174441 by leadmeout
Hello everyone,

Currently, I and a few others at our company are Super-Admins. We get new survey requests from our users, for whom we create one account and a survey template. They also get the permission to create new users and user groups, if requested.

This permissions allows them to see all registered users and groups, regardless of who created them.

Is it possible to further restrict access so the user only sees accounts they created for their own surveys? We'd like for the user to basically be in their own environment without access to any other information.

Thank you in advance!

Regards.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 6 months ago #174446 by holch
You are talking about the central participant database on global installation level and not the token/participant table on a survey level, am I right?

Would be important to know where they are creating these "users" and "user groups". Are these "users" respondents of surveys or do you refer to survey admins as users?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
More
5 years 6 months ago #174447 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Restrict visibility of user list for user admins
You need to create group of user's i think, see usercontrolSameGroupPolicy manual.limesurvey.org/Optional_settings#Security

But i'm unsure it work like you want. LimeSurvey is not done for such system out of the box.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
5 years 6 months ago #174456 by jelo

holch wrote: do you refer to survey admins as users?

The threadstarter is looking for a a multitenant system inside LimeSurvey. Three levels of admins, which can do certain things inside LimeSurvey
This is currently not really supported in LimeSurvey. But check the setting mentioned by DenisChenu first.
That might cover at least the separation on one level.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • leadmeout
  • leadmeout's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #174466 by leadmeout
Replied by leadmeout on topic Restrict visibility of user list for user admins
@holch I am referring to survey administrators.
@DenisChenu thank you, I didn't see this before. As jelo mentioned, this only covers separation on one level.
@jelo Correct, three levels of admins.

This means that every survey administrator will see the account of every other survey administrator, correct?

Thank you very much for your responses, everyone.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose