Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How to allow respondent to end survey after first question

More
5 years 7 months ago #173754 by JCMcD
Hi

Apologies if this question was asked before but I could not find a similar query.

Issue:

Respondents are asked to read a data protection statement and then asked to state if they are willing to continue.

What is the best way to accommodate those that say "No"?

One solution is that every question that follows has a condition to be hidden, and the respondent is then directed to the last page.

My question: is there a better solution than this?

Thanks in advance.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 7 months ago #173755 by tpartner
Have a look at quotas in the manual. (you can set a quota of 0)

- manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_quotas

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • holch
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #173778 by holch
Isn't that what the privacy statement in the 3.x version is therefore now?

manual.limesurvey.org/Surveys_-_introduc...ation_.26_navigation

Show policy notice: If enabled, a policy notice (e.g., regarding the protection of personal data) will be displayed on the welcome page to the survey respondents. The following options are available:
Don't show : If chosen, no policy notice will be displayed to your survey respondents.
Show as text : If enabled, the whole data security/policy text will be displayed after the welcome message. The checkbox will be displayed at the bottom of the text.
Show in modal : If enabled, only the checkbox text will be displayed. To access the full policy/data security text, the survey respondents will have to click on the Show policy button located under the checkbox text.
Help.png Please note that:
if you enable this function, create first the survey and then access the Text elements tab located in the survey settings menu;
if you wish to display a policy notice on the welcome page, the survey respondents will have to confirm that they accept it by ticking the corresponding checkbox. Otherwise, they will not be able to complete the survey. To edit the policy notice texts, access the General settings panel.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by holch.
More
5 years 7 months ago #173783 by jelo

holch wrote: Isn't that what the privacy statement in the 3.x version is therefore now?

Yes, the data policy settings are exactly for that purpose. But the threadstarter hasn't posted what LimeSurvey version is used.

BTW: Data policy settings vs. privacy info.
The privacy info is part of the theme.

It would be good, to get rid of the privacy info and move that to the "data policy settings".
Most people seem hide that fixed "privacy info" (part of the PO languages files).

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • holch
More
5 years 7 months ago #173785 by holch
yes, I am always a friend of getting rid of as much fixed text as possible.

The privacy note was probably hidden by many, as every company/organization will want their own wording anyway. But If we get rid of this, I guss some might complain.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
5 years 7 months ago #173850 by JCMcD
I am using version 3.14.8

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose