Good morning. I know it's possible to pipe text from a response later in a survey using 'Placeholder fields.' But it is possible to pipe things other than the response? Specifically, I'd like to pipe text that I've defined that's different than the option ("Transportation" in the example below) and pipe nothing (the 'option 3' scenario below), all from 1 question. Here's the example (sample survey attached):
Demo question #1 (single select): What services do you use?
Option 1 reads "Service one"
Option 2 reads "Service two"
Option 3 reads "Service three"
If option 1 is chosen, pipe "Service one" later in survey (I'm able to do this with 'Placeholder fields')
If option 2 is chosen, pipe "Transportation" later in survey (Is this possible?)
If option 3 is chosen, pipe no text later in survey (Is this possible?)
Later question in the survey about satisfaction:
If option 1 is chosen, the question text would read "What is your Service one satisfaction?"
If option 2 is chosen, the question text would read "What is your Transportation satisfaction?"
If option 3 is chosen, the question text would read "What is your satisfaction?"
You have to use the if-statement,like:
{if(Q1==1,"Service1",if(Q1==2,"Transportation",""))}
Read the manual about the if-statement, and especially the example about nested if-statements.
Best regards
Joffm
Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
After some further tinkering, I got most of it to work. For the option that I'd like to pipe no text for (option 3), it's displaying a double space instead of a single space, whether or not I have a space between the double quotes in the code (bold red below):
What is your {if(SRV==1,"Service one",if(SRV==2,"Transportation"," "))} satisfaction?
What is your {if(SRV==1,"Service one",if(SRV==2,"Transportation",""))} satisfaction?
I always use it like this … real empty string
edit
Code:
What is your {if(SRV==1,"Service one ",if(SRV==2,"Transportation ",""))}satisfaction?
I always use it like this … real empty string
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. -
Professional support
-
Plugins, theme and development
. I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by DenisChenu. Reason: Bad see : space after and before equation