Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Student / Professor feedback multiple surveys

• jarlrmai
  • jarlrmai's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #173527 by jarlrmai
Replied by jarlrmai on topic Student / Professor feedback multiple surveys
I'll give it ago but I can already seem them moaning :) At the moment they use Survey Monkey (horribly configured as in all students in one survey) but we are not allowed to use a hosted solution for this data anymore, hence a local LimeSurvey instance.

The spreadsheet you have presented looks pretty simple, is there a way to get the tokens ie student name stored as an answer in the database table?
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 6 months ago #173529 by jelo

jarlrmai wrote: It just seemed like this was something that wouldn't be that uncommon a request?

That is correct. Your request is quite common. But LimeSurvey might not be the common answer.

E.g. take a look at e.g. Moodle. I'm not a everyday user/admin of Moodle, so I cannot confirm the current state of the feature set.

moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_questionnaire
docs.moodle.org/35/en/Grader_report

The main app is target at education. So it might be to much other stuff, which currently is not needed.
But as a base for students and professors is might be better in the long run.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • jarlrmai
More
5 years 6 months ago #173530 by jarlrmai
Yeah Moodle comes with a lot of functions that are way outside of the spec, but if this plugin does it it might be worth a shout.
  • holch
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 6 months ago #173533 by holch

The spreadsheet you have presented looks pretty simple, is there a way to get the tokens ie student name stored as an answer in the database table?

Yes, once you uploaded them within the token table into the system they are actually stored there already. When exporting results you can choose to export the token attributes together with the results.

Or to have them directly in the results database table you could load the name into a hidden equation question. This is all possible.

But as Jelo says, maybe there are solutions for schools / universities like Moodle that already have the functionality you are looking for. But this is totally out of my knowledge zone.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
  • Away
More
5 years 6 months ago #173534 by holch
Just give it a try. Installing LS on your local computer or on a webserver takes about 5-10min.

Building a simple survey should take you another 10min and then setup a token table system just for testing purpose might ake another 10min.

So in 30min hands on testing you will actually understand a lot better what is possible with LS out of the box and where you might have to do something custom (the result per student component, for example).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• holch
  • Away
More
5 years 6 months ago #173536 by holch

jarlrmai wrote: is there a manual article on custom tokens?

manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_participants for the whole token/participant part of Limesurvey

Here about the attributes in specific:
manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_participants#Manage_attributes

• jarlrmai
More
5 years 6 months ago #173537 by jarlrmai
Thanks guys, I already have a local install working but rather than waste my time doing things the wrong way I wanted to make sure there were no easier ways.

I also wanted to say that the responsiveness and verbose nicely written responses to my queries has really made me feel good about the product and community so thanks for that.
  • Joffm
More
5 years 6 months ago #173604 by Joffm
Hi,
here is a small sample survey, that IMO does everything you would like to have.

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...7222.lss
File Size:26 KB

The professors' codes are "P1" - "P4". All other are screened out.
Because quota only work in an activated survey, you only see a text display of the termination.

And as result:

As you see, student "Adam Ant" was rated by two profs.

Very well ordered to analyze, e.g. by Pivot.
Like here. Means of the array question.

Best regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose