Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Restrict Limesurvey Admin portal access

More
8 years 2 months ago #170994 by solte98
Hi,


Is it possible to restrict the limesurvey admin area by IP address?


we have apache/nginx sousing htaccess file?
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #171041 by t420ss
Here is one idea you could try.

What I have done for my phpmyadmin to restrict access:
In /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpMyAdmin.conf file:

Code:
<Directory /usr/share/phpMyAdmin/> AddDefaultCharset UTF-8 <IfModule mod_authz_core.c> # Apache 2.4 Require local </IfModule> <IfModule !mod_authz_core.c> # Apache 2.2 Order Deny,Allow Deny from All Allow from 127.0.0.1 192.168.1.101 Allow from ::1 </IfModule> </Directory>

Now, phpmyadmin is available from only the server itself (127.0.0.1) and that specific IP (192.168.1.101).


Could you try in a similar way, for example, somewhere in apache's httpd.conf (or some equivalent file ?):

<Directory "/var/www/html/your_limesurvey_root_dir/index.php/admin">
....
....
</Directory>

Let us know how it goes.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by t420ss.
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 2 months ago #171056 by DenisChenu
I think best is to create a new plugin :
www.limesurvey.org/manual/Authentication...elopment#beforeLogin

Since it's don't need to be default to happen : you can redirect or send a 403 here

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. - Professional support - Plugins, theme and development .
I don't answer to private message.
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 2 months ago #171544 by solte98
Hi there,

thanks for putting me on the right path. Under the admin folder I can create a .htaccess file and restrict.

Works fine when someone tries to access limesurvey_root_dir/admin. However, does not work when they use limesurvey_root_dir/index.php/admin
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 2 months ago #171552 by DenisChenu

DenisChenu wrote: I think best is to create a new plugin :
www.limesurvey.org/manual/Authentication...elopment#beforeLogin


Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. - Professional support - Plugins, theme and development .
I don't answer to private message.
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: tpartner, holch

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose