Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Quota terminating survey

• waitz
  • waitz's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #169485 by waitz
Quota terminating survey was created by waitz
I have a closed survey for invited participants. Completing the survey depends on users answering Yes to a first Yes/No question. If they answer No, it leads to a quota message.

I don't want the survey to be terminated if they answer No, but that they can resume later, and I have set the quota action to: Allow user to modify his answer before terminate survey.

If a user closes the quota message window, and then clicks on the link in the email invitation, they get a confirmation message that the survey is completed, and then the survey is terminated.

I have enabled the option: Participant may save and resume later.

Is this a bug or something I am not doing correct?

Thanks

Version 2.73.1+171220
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 9 months ago #169500 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Quota terminating survey
Quotas will always end the survey and the link will be marked as used. So you might have to increase the "uses left" in the token table if you want them to be able to answer later, after they have run into a quota.

Or just don't use quotas and terminate the survey. Maybe just sent them to different text display question. But remember, if you have answer persistence, the respondent will go back to the last page they have been on before, which would be this text display question, which might be confusing.

Why not just give them the option to "save and resume later"?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• waitz
  • waitz's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #169515 by waitz
Replied by waitz on topic Quota terminating survey
Thank you Holch. I was not aware that quotas always end the survey. When you say to give them the option to "save and resume later", how would you do that practically when someone answers No?

Version 2.73.1+171220
  • holch
More
5 years 9 months ago #169516 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Quota terminating survey
As I don't know the question and the survey structure, I don't really know if this would work.

I would just tell them, if you answer "No" now, but would like to continue, save your survey and resume it later (click on the button).

But as we don't really know what you are trying to do, it is difficult to say.

Quotas generally terminate. There seems to be an option where the quota allows the respondent to go back and change the answer, but I don't think this will help you much for what you are trying to do.

I honestly can't really image for it would be good what you are trying to do, but then there are so many approaches, who knows what you are trying to do. Maybe it makes sense.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: waitz

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose