Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Chained survey : one answer option only automatically loads up a second survey

• Flytox
  • Flytox's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #168952 by Flytox
Hi guys ! Need your expertise after I read the manual on End URL and lots of posts on forums and other related articles but couldn't find the fix for my issue : I had to breakdown one survey into 2 parts because of too many questions and answer options, exceeding the limits. Here's (quickly) the context. This is a research project about community-supported agriculture, where we allow respondents to provide info for up to 10 farms. I realised trying to activate it, that above 5 farms, the survey would not be activated, so I moved all questions related to farms 6 to 10 to a second questionnaire. I'm considering 2 possible scenarios :

SCENARIO 1 :
- option 1 = the answer option "Over 5 farms" to the question "how many farms ?" prompts automatically the second survey where the respondent can input for the remaing farms.
- option 2 = Otherwise, when 1 to 5 farms is selected, upon submission the respondent get the end message

My Questions :
- how to implement this ?
- how to link the 2 questionnaires data in option 1 so that I know it's the same respondent for both surveys (what I have in mind is that the submission ID of survey 1 is recorded in survey 2)

SCENARIO 2 :
The 2nd questionnaire is never automaticaly loaded upon 1st questionnaire, and the end message asks the respondent to click on a link to continue with farms 6 to 10 in case he/she selected 'Over 5 farms" in survey 1.

My question : how to link the 2 questionnaires data when "Over 5 farms" has been selected, so that I know it's the same respondent for both surveys (what I have in mind is that the submission ID of survey 1 is recorded in survey 2)

The survey is public, no token will be created.

Thanks a lot for your help and expertise !
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #168964 by tpartner
SCENARIO 1 :

1) Place the "End message" in the second survey. Send everyone to the second survey. Pass the answer to "How many farms?" to the second survey via the End URL (see link below). Those that answered 1-5 skip all groups in the second survey except the end message.

2) Yes, you can pass the {SAVEDID} to the second survey in the End URL (see link below).

- manual.limesurvey.org/URL_fields/en#Pref...using_GET_parameters

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by tpartner.
  • Flytox
More
5 years 9 months ago #169016 by Flytox
Cheers tpartner, sounds great !

To make sure I'm doing it OK (deadline to launch is past already and I'm getting a lot of pressure, so I want to do it right right away), here are some more details :

First questionnaire ID is 139785
- Question ID for "How many farms" is (ID: 402)
- Answer options codes for this questions are :
A1 : 1 more farm
A5 : Over 5 farms

2nd questionnaire ID is 189935
- First question of this one is "You chose "Over 5 Farms" : How many more farms are supplying produce to your CSA?" with (ID: 2783)
- Answer options code for this question are :
A1 : 1 more Farm (6 in total)
A5 : 5 more Farms (10 in total)

Is it OK that questions (ID: 402) & (ID: 2783) do not have the very same answer options ? I'm asking cause the link you sent me refers to "prefilling"...
  • tpartner
More
5 years 9 months ago #169026 by tpartner
The prefilling would happen in the second survey (via URL parameters).

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • Flytox
More
5 years 9 months ago #169034 by Flytox
That's what I imagined, so the question in survey 2 would need to have the same answer options as its counterpart in survey 1, wouldn't it?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose