We are hosting a survey on an iPad kiosk. It takes about 5 minutes to complete and so we expect some people to dropout before completing the survey.
After a participant submits a response, we can redirect back to start of the survey. No problem here.
How can we redirect to the welcome page, if there is no activity on page for, say, a couple of minutes? If a participant just walks away from the kiosk (which is unattended), I would like the survey go back to the welcome page for the next participant.
I am thinking of a solution where a box drops and asks the survey participant if they want to continue after 60 seconds idle time. If there's no response for another 60 seconds, it should go redirect to the welcome page.
Any tips on how do this would be greatly appreciated.
You may be able to use a plugin like jquery-idletimer (
github.com/thorst/jquery-idletimer
), but it may require some extra development if the iPad is allowed to go to sleep while the idle-timer is counting down. (so, in your example, if the iPad is allowed to go to sleep in under 120 seconds of inactivity)
Cheers,
Tony Partner Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
If anyone can provide a working example of how this can be accomplished within a LS template, that would be awesome! We often run survey on tablets in Kiosk mode, and definitely it would be great if idle time reaches some specific threshold.
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. -
Professional support
-
Plugins, theme and development
. I don't answer to private message.
tpartner wrote: Does that work if the device goes to sleep?
Didn't know … original code is most used on desktop (IE browser too).
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. -
Professional support
-
Plugins, theme and development
. I don't answer to private message.