I am creating a survey and need participants to stop at a point in the survey to do some training. I want to disable the next button. Previously I've been able to do this using Java script on version 2.67.3+170728. The version I am using now (3.0.1 + 171228) does not seem to work with the Java script (see below for the script). So then I found this in the manual and tried it. I'm not sure where to find "the general Time limit setting" though.
"Time limit disable next (time_limit_disable_next)
Description
Allows disabling the "next" button while a time_limit countdown is occurring. Normally, even if a time limit countdown is occurring, if the participant wants to click next and move on to the next question they can (thus cutting short the time spent on the question). By selecting "Yes" for this attribute, the next button will appear greyed out and will not be available until the countdown timer has finished.
This settings is only applicable if the general Time limit setting is activated.
Available options
Yes = The Next button will be disabled until the time limit countdown is complete.
No (default)"
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
$(document).on('ready pjax:scriptcomplete',function(){
minTime(120);
function minTime(minTime) {
var startTime = new Date();
$('#ls-button-submit').click(function(){
var endTime = new Date();
if((endTime - startTime)/1000 <= minTime) {
alert ('You must spend at least '+minTime+' seconds on the question.');
return false;
}
else {
return true;
}
});
}
});
</script>
Cheers,
Tony Partner Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.