Well, I think the Skip-Logic lies in the eye of the beholder. I don't know the exact definition of "skipping a question", but in my opinion, LS support that. You can skip questions, depending on the profile of the respondent or on previous answers. So I would personally say, this is correct.
What LS doesn't have is Jumps, which can be handy in some cases.
Actually I find the Skip-Logic quite simple, easy to understand and flexible. It has it's disadvantages when many questions need to be skipped or when respondents should jump to the end.
Overall, I think people who say "Limesurvey is cheaper and have a lot more features than other surveytools" they are partially correct. Some of the more basic survey tools have probably less advanced features.
I am often surprised that LS has some pretty advanced features (compared to paid basic tools), but then lacks some very basic features (real screen outs, etc.) that should be available to any tool that wants to cater to serious market researchers. Probably those features were implemented because one of the developers needed it for a client project.
But I am surprised that with a market research company being part of the LS GmbH such features as screenouts, flexible position of other fields, exclusion of randomization, subcategories for subquestions, etc. haven't been on the to do list so far.
I love Tpartners workarounds, because they allow you to do things with LS that can't be done out of the box. But i would rather like to be able to do such basic thinks out of the box. There will always be need for workarounds, because people come up with some crazy requirements that might be needed once or twice in a lifetime, these are the things that should be done with workarounds. As soon as these workarounds are used on a regular basis by many users, they should find their way into the tool.
Help us to help you!
- Provide your LS version and where it is installed (own server, uni/employer, SaaS hosting, etc.).
- Always provide a LSS file (not LSQ or LSG).
Note: I answer at this forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
The topic has been locked.