piping subquestions from array based on response

More
3 years 2 days ago #161194 by rvenkat
(I posted this earlier in the wrong section of the forum. My apologies.)

I have an array with 5 subquestions with a 1-10 scale for answer choices. If someone selects a value of 6 or below on one or more of the subquestions, I want to present a multiple short text with the same subquestions. For those who select values of 7 or above for all 5 subquestions in the array, they will not see this followup question.

I can handle it if there is only one question on a 1-10 scale, but I have 5 in this case and I can't just to a short text as a followup. It has to be a multiple short text.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
Thank you very much.

rvenkat
The topic has been locked.
More
3 years 2 days ago #161202 by holch
Do you have a little example survey? Just upload a LSS file only with the relevant section and we can have a look at it.

You need to find the correct way on how to address the subquestions in the subquestion relevance.

Usually it is something like:

"questioncode_subquestioncode"

Not sure if the multipe short text question type has subquestion relevance. Would need to check.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rvenkat
More
3 years 2 days ago - 3 years 2 days ago #161207 by tpartner
Regarding the Q2 sub-question relevance, I would think they should look something like this:

!is_empty(Q1_SQ001) AND Q1_SQ001 < 7

As for the Q2 question relevance, I would like to use sumifop but I find it buggy so you can do it "long-hand":

sum(!is_empty(Q1_SQ001) AND Q1_SQ001 < 7, !is_empty(Q1_SQ002) AND Q1_SQ002 < 7, !is_empty(Q1_SQ003) AND Q1_SQ003 < 7, !is_empty(Q1_SQ004) AND Q1_SQ004 < 7, !is_empty(Q1_SQ005) AND Q1_SQ005 < 7) > 0

Sample survey attached:

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...2-01.lss
File Size:23 KB

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Official LimeSurvey Partner - partnersurveys.com
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 2 days ago by tpartner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rvenkat
More
3 years 1 day ago #161233 by rvenkat
Hi Tony,
Thank you so much. The solution worked perfectly.

rvenkat

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now