I have a dataset of media files (> 2000 files), each with their own ID and metadata. I'd like to conduct a study where every user answers questions about 10 random media files.
My current idea is to have each question retrieve a random ID from an external server and link that ID to the current question group. So every question retrieves a URL from a fixed address, then parses the ID and the media URL from the response, completes the ID into a hidden field and includes the media file in the webpage.
I'm not sure if this is the correct way to proceed with this, and I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to achieve this.
You could create a random number via Expression Manager (there are many examples here in the forum on how to do that).
You would have to create as many equation questions and save random numbers into them as you will want to show files per user (in your case 10).
Only problem: There is a slight chance that you could get a file more than once per user.
Help us to help you!
Provide your LS version and where it is installed (own server, uni/employer, SaaS hosting, etc.).
Always provide a LSS file (not LSQ or LSG).
Note: I answer at this forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.