Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Display timer question without answer option?

More
9 years 8 months ago #147504 by Julia_ULB
Hello,

I use Limesurvey 2.05, built 150413.

the aim of my questionnaire is to show images to my participants, one by one, for 5 seconds each. After 5 seconds, limesurvey should move on directly to the next screen which should be a "next" button (no time limit here). The display mode is "question by question".
I managed to do this with the timer option. However, I can't figure out how to do this without displaying a text entry field and a countdown for the timer question, and a text (or any other input field) question for the display of the "next" button.
My questions are:
  1. Is there a way to display ONLY the image and still use the timer?
  2. Can I hide the countdown?
  3. Can I display a "next" button only?
Thank you for any help!
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 8 months ago #147530 by DenisChenu
Javascript code after submitting survey : demonstration.sondages.pro/27177?newtest=Y

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. - Professional support - Plugins, theme and development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Julia_ULB
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #147532 by tpartner
Place your image in a text-display question, set up your survey to use JavaScript and place the following script in the source of the question:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"> $(document).ready(function() { // Hide the "Next" button $('#movenextbtn, #movesubmitbtn').hide(); // Delay in milliseconds var timeSpan = 5000; // Timer to click "Next" setTimeout(function() { $('#movenextbtn, #movesubmitbtn').trigger('click'); }, timeSpan); }); </script>

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by tpartner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Julia_ULB
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 4 months ago #154839 by Julia_ULB
Thank you so much! and sorry for taking so long to thank you!!!
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: tpartner, holch

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose