Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Creating in-basket (in-tray) exercise in LS - 'menu' with link to all questions

• nandan
  • nandan's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #127836 by nandan
Hello

Is there a way in which I can create an in-tray or in-basket exercise in LS?
An in-tray exercise consists of several items (for example, emails a person received in their inbox after coming back from vacation etc.) which need to be prioritized.

This will mean the person has to toggle between, say, 15-20 questions in that exercise to decide priority. Perhaps, this can be done with a 'menubar' on the right/left side of the screen, so can the person can compare Items 3 and 14 (for example) to assess which item is more important.

So, my question is: Can this be done in LS? If yes, how?

To recap, the functionality that I am asking about is the ability to toggle between multiple items in any order. Most of the other things can be done in LS.

Further information about what an in-basket is, is available here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-basket_test
Thanks!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 5 months ago #127849 by holch
Either I am missing something, but this sounds exactly like the ranking question type.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• nandan
More
8 years 5 months ago #127904 by nandan
In some ways, it is similar, but in important ways, it is different as well.

The items given are paragraphs, with a lot of text and/or numbers. These items have to be analyzed and

1.A response for each item is required from the respondent, which is a text input. As mentioned above, each item may be one or two pages of text and/or numbers

2. Then, the ranking of the items needs to be done.

For 2, ranking option works well. But for 1, respondents have to keep toggling between items which are one or more pages long to determine which item is more critical and deserving of a higher ranking. Hence, my question about if it is possible to have a sort of 'menu bar' which allows for easy navigation between multiple items.

Thanks!
  • tpartner
More
8 years 5 months ago #127908 by tpartner
Try setting "Show question index / allow jumping" to "Full" - manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_settings#Pr...ation_.26_navigation

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • nandan
More
8 years 5 months ago #127925 by nandan
I shall try and it out and get back in a few days' time...thanks!
  • nandan
More
8 years 5 months ago #128002 by nandan
I tried it out. That is close to what I want. However, wanted to also know if the title can be changed. Right now, the link title says: Part1, Part2 etc. Can it be changed to something like Item-1...Item-n, and also have the first link as an instructions page, with the title 'instructions'?
  • nandan
More
8 years 5 months ago #128142 by nandan
Hello! Any response on the question? Thanks for your attention!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose