I have a problem limiting the number of randomized questions shown in a survey.
The problem:
In one part of my survey randomly 2 out of x of 7 question groups shall be shown. (The survey would just be too long if all questions were asked.)
The order of the question groups is randomized using the randomizing group option.
A question group shall only be shown to the user, if, in a previous question, the user stated he can provide feedback to this question (asked via a multiple choice question).
Currently when using the survey the user is shown only those question groups he can provide feedback to (according to his answers in the multiple choice question) – that is x out of 7 questions.
Randomizing the order of the questions shown works too.
The problem is that I cannot find a way to stop the survey after 2 question groups have been shown to the user.
Question:
Is there any way I can achieve this?
I’m really sorry I have to bother you, but I did not find a solution to this within two days and am starting to feel despaired.
Alternative solution can be : adding an equation on first (not randomized) group: COUNT
At start of each group , add an equation with {GROUP=GROUP+1}, and use GROUP.NAOK < 3 for relevance.
Denis
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. -
Professional support
-
Plugins, theme and development
. I don't answer to private message.
I tried both solutions, but for some reasons it does not work.
For both solutions limesurvey tells me that the variable was not defined.
Is there anything I did wrong?
Super stupid question: Did I put the equation into the right field (see Group equation.PNG)?
Sorry to have to bother you again :pinch:
Show the complete "survey logic file". What is you limesurvey version ?
Denis
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. -
Professional support
-
Plugins, theme and development
. I don't answer to private message.
I don't understand : you don't add an equation question with title GROUP ?
But actually there seems to have some update, this working solution work on first 2.05 not in 2.06.
Do you have a mandatory question in each of your Group ?
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. -
Professional support
-
Plugins, theme and development
. I don't answer to private message.