Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Are offlinesurveys devs still active?

• mpagan
  • mpagan's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 10 months ago #228405 by mpagan
Hello, i tried contacting support a few weeks ago by emailing support@offlinesurveys.com and also tried using the leave a message widget on the webpage but never got a reply back (could be an email server issue among our servers).

Anyhow it was about the possibility and price of adding some (paid) custom features to the app.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
1 year 10 months ago #228411 by Mazi
Replied by Mazi on topic Are offlinesurveys devs still active?
Hi mpagan, what is the email address you sent from and what is the subject?

You can also try emailing me to sales@offlinesurveys.com. If you still do not receive any reply within a few days, you can ping me here once more.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com

• mpagan
More
1 year 10 months ago #228438 by mpagan
Replied by mpagan on topic Are offlinesurveys devs still active?
Hi, thank you for your prompt response, i sent you a PM with the information.

• Mazi
More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #228462 by Mazi
mpagan, I did not receive the email you mentioned at your PM. But I saw that you had written to our support team on April 20th and they replied "I am sorry but we don't have the capacity now to provide custom developed features".

For the mentioned configuration file feature check the latest version of the app which comes with a feature to share a QR code with survey URL + credentials.

For the elapsed time feature we may be able to use a date question at the beginning and end of the survey and the do some calculations to calcuate the total time. Will that work for you?

Dr. Marcel Minke
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Mazi.

• mpagan
More
1 year 10 months ago #228481 by mpagan

mpagan, I did not receive the email you mentioned at your PM. But I saw that you had written to our support team on April 20th and they replied "I am sorry but we don't have the capacity now to provide custom developed features".

Hi, thank you again, i got the email reply yesterday, maybe the previous reply got caught by email filters.

For the mentioned configuration file feature check the latest version of the app which comes with a feature to share a QR code with survey URL + credentials.

Since we work with many different surveys for different clients and depending on the project with 5 to 100+ interviewers and devices simultaneously what we are mainly trying to avoid is the interviewers in the field having to configure/add surveys manually and have the app pull its settings and active surveys from our server instead would have been perfect

I'll think a bit more about what the procedure could be for us with the QR codes and our teams and see if we can make it work.

For the elapsed time feature we may be able to use a date question at the beginning and end of the survey and the do some calculations to calcuate the total time. Will that work for you?

For data quality control we use total survey time like you mention and also several variables with elapsed time by block of questions "from Q1 to Q10, from Q11 to Q12, etc". Would the latter be possible with date questions?

Best regards,

• Mazi
More
1 year 10 months ago #228498 by Mazi
I think the QR code feature should work fine to distribute survey details and credentials to a larger set of devices. Just give it a try.

As for the timings: Technically you can have a hidden question on every page which stores the current date/time when clicking next. At the last page of the survey you could then calculate the timings for the different pages based on the time stamp details.
It's some additional effort I have to admit but I can not think of any other alternatives.
Would you be willing to fund developing a timings feature (if that is doable technically)? I could talk to our development team about possible options.

Dr. Marcel Minke

• mpagan
More
1 year 10 months ago #228580 by mpagan
Hi, gave the QR code feature a spin and it works very well to distribute the survey to other devices but the the main issue for us then is that the "lock offlinesurvey" settings and specific survey preferences are not passed along and security wise that the QR contains a lime survey admin user and password.

This is not much of a problem when distributing the android devices from a central location where we can add the survey with a QR code then set the survey preferences and lock the app manually before giving them to the interviewers (and even then its a long process for 100+ devices and possibly several different surveys a month)

Regarding the timings feature if it is possible to store the timestamp as you describe then that is exactly what we do now since we calculate the actual time elapsed for each "block of questions" by computing new variables in our statistical analysis program by subtracting the 1st timestamp stored from the 2nd, then 2nd from the 3rd, etc. (Block1= TimeStamp1, Block2=TimeStamp2-TimeStamp1, Block3=TimeStamp3-TimeStamp2, etc). But it would be nicer if this behavior was integrated as a feature.

I am interested in funding both options (having a way to set the app settings from a server/url and the timings feature), budget permitting, since limesurvey is very strong and the app looks great also since we conduct face to face surveys in areas where we don't have internet service 100%.

• Mazi
More
1 year 10 months ago #228688 by Mazi
We have checked these special requirements with the developers. In this case, the features requested are rather special. So far, no other users have requested something like this.
Since implementing this and also maintaining such features for future versions results in a lot of effort and custom development, we can currently not implement these feature. I am really sorry!

Dr. Marcel Minke

More
1 year 10 months ago #228705 by Haris.Pap
Replied by Haris.Pap on topic Are offlinesurveys devs still active?
The QR code feature does not sound too special to us. As mpagan mentions, it is quite convenient to be able to transfer survey data & settings, without needing to carry over devices to distant locations. (Similarly, in our case, the need for offline surveys is higher away from developed countries and therefore devices need to travel very long, if there is no good alternative...)

By the way, currently it seems that adding a survey with QR does not work, using the latest LimeSurvey + OfflineSurveys versions --> see related topic .

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose