Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Intermediate version of our TFR Responsive theme for LS3.x

• tammo
  • tammo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
5 years 1 month ago #180679 by tammo
Yes, we developed a responsive theme for LimeSurvey 2.05 and 2.06 (currently still available as 2.6.x LTS) and after that came version 3.x.

We promised to develop our version of the theme for that version of LimeSurvey, but we saw that many things in the core were still in flux.

We now have an intermediate version available for free and we are curious for your feedback.

It is free, there are no guarantees, there will be no personal help/user support. We will listen to serious feedback, though, because we can learn from that.

Take care: the attachment only works on recent version of LS. Recommended to update to the most recent version (even if you don't use this theme...)

Tammo ter Hark

Tammo ter Hark at Respondage
For Limesurvey reporting, education and customized themes
respondage.nl
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 1 month ago #180686 by jelo

tammo wrote: but we saw that many things in the core were still in flux.

No longer in flux? Brave man ;-)

tammo wrote: the attachment only works on recent version of LS.

For the record. The most recent released version of LS is 3.15.9 (3.15.9+190214).

If you want to provide feedback, don't use an old version.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • tammo
More
5 years 1 month ago #180688 by tammo
Well, core will always be in flux. I specifically meant the theme part, of course.

;-)

Tammo

respondage.nl
  • Mazi
More
5 years 1 month ago #180711 by Mazi
Hi Tammo, great to see the TFR template for Limesurvey 3!

When trying to import the file you provided I get a this error:
500: Internal Server Error
Error: Can't find a manifest for tfr_responsive_2019-02-19 in ' /var/www/vhosts/mysurveyhosting.com/httpdocs/ls300/themes/survey/tfr_responsive_2019-02-19/ '

This seems to be caused by the fact that there is an additional "tfr_responsive" folder within the ZIP. If you ZIP the content of that folder again without creating the additional folder, the import works fine.

Some comments:
  1. I suggest removing the square grid background (lots of users did that at the old version). A simple grey background would cause a more smoothly look and feel.
  2. There are currently two language changers. The one top right switched the language directly and the other one with the additional button seems to be the "no JS" solution. Maybe one could make it a theme setting which ones to display?
  3. The language changer top right (#langs-container) currently shows a very long list even though there are just some languages listed at my test survey. A simple "height: auto;" fixes this.
  4. There is just a closing "<creationDate/>" at your config.xml file. This is a known issue with empty tags when the file gets updated by LS. Also make sure to adjust the description details and to include all required details listed at manual.limesurvey.org/LimeStore_extensio...ig.xml_specification
  5. At array question with the subquestion text spreading over multiple lines, the radio buttons are aligned top. Maybe you can vertically center them?
  6. The preview and favicon image is missing.
  7. I am missing the "exit and clear" button/link.

Is there an issue tracker e.g. at Github for reporting such details? That would help a lot because one could check how things are fixed and apply the fix to your own test theme in order to not re-install the theme again and again after bugs were fixed.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
More
5 years 1 month ago #180800 by jelo

Mazi wrote: If you ZIP the content of that folder again without creating the additional folder, the import works fine.

Attached the fixed ZIP file. Nothing else modified.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • tammo
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #181070 by tammo
There is a new version available at:
github.com/toolsforresearch/TFR-retro

I had to override some views, hate to do that as this may run out of sync with what the developers at LimeSurvey do.

Furthermore I had to revert some CSS statements that are used in vanilla, in my eyes bad practice.

And I had to use !important for the language switcher, which also indicates that there is some nasty coding in the vanilla theme, where this theme is based on. All pull requests will be welcome and looked into.

There will at this stadium be no support, as it is not ready for production. You may try, and see how far you get, though... :-)

Have fun with it.

respondage.nl
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by tammo. Reason: Typo
  • elissa
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 1 month ago #181098 by elissa
Thank you Tammo for the theme. I noticed one thing and I'm not sure if this is only my installation but the check boxes for array (numbers) question type do not display correctly - they are partially cut (screenshot).
Regards

Elzbieta Lesinska
LS voluntary Polish translator and supervisor
The following user(s) said Thank You: tammo
  • tammo
More
5 years 1 month ago #181159 by tammo
Thank you. I think it is fixed now. At least it was in the attached survey.

Tammo

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...2437.lss
File Size:26 KB

respondage.nl

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose