Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Mandatory Error Message is showing up in English (survey in Korean)

• maxersloan
  • maxersloan's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 3 weeks ago #241868 by maxersloan
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: Version 2.6.7-lts Build 171212
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own
Survey theme/template: All (used default for troubleshooting)
==================
I have a problem I have never seen before. An error message is showing up in English, even though the survey is in Korean. Screenshot is attached. I used the default template for troubleshooting and it still appears there. I have already updated the translation .po file with the proper Korean translation ("모든 문항에 답해주시기 바랍니다."), saved to create the .mo file, and uploaded the .mo file to the locale/ko folder on my server. I have done this many times for many different languages but never had this issue. Any ideas how to fix this?

Here is a link to the survey, using the default template: [url] www.datamaxsurveys.com/yum/index.php/215963?lang=ko [/url]

And yes, I realize this is an old version of the software :)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
1 year 3 weeks ago #241919 by Mazi
Hi Max,

such warnings are taken froim the translation files. If the error message was not translated to a given language yet, it is showing the default English text.

You can check manual.limesurvey.org/Translating_LimeSu...existing_translation for adding missing texts.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com

• maxersloan
More
1 year 3 weeks ago #241921 by maxersloan
But it is translated--see attachment. I entered the translation into the .po file, saved, and then uploaded the .mo file to my server.

• DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #241958 by DenisChenu
Seems translated : translate.limesurvey.org/projects/limesu...y&sort%5Bhow%5D=desc

There are a one hour cache for reading po file, maybe wait or restart webserver.

You can check with another language if you have same issue ? And then report the issue.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

• maxersloan
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #241961 by maxersloan
It has been happening for several days now. So caching shouldn't be the problem. I tried it with "Amharic" language (I picked one I'll probably never use). I changed both to some version of TEST in all caps. As you can see by the attachment, the first part of the message was translated fine, but the second part reverts back to the default English again. 

• holch
More
1 year 2 weeks ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #241971 by holch
I remember that there has been some versions of Limesurvey, where some of the strings were not part of the translation and translation of these strings would not have any impact on the GUI, it would always use the English version.

I don't remember which version it was, but there is a good chance that it was in 2.6.x. (which im my opinion should have never been used in a production enviroment, I never considered 2.6.x stable enough to use for real projects and with LS3 and LS5 out, being far more stable and far better, I don't see any good reason to stick with one of the worst releases of LS. And it is also unsupported for a while now).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by holch.

• Mazi
More
1 year 2 weeks ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #241987 by Mazi
@holch, how can you remember such stone-old stuff? You must have a brain like an elephant :-)

Do you know if this was ever fixed at a newer 2.x version (currently used: 2.6.7-lts Build 171212) or the maintained 2.6.x version from Denis ( github.com/SondagesPro/LimeSurvey-SondagesPro )?

@max, is updating to the latest 5.x version an option?
Note that custom templates would need to be re-created from scratch since starting with LS 3.x, a new template technology is used (Twig).

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
Last edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Mazi.

• holch
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #241991 by holch

@holch, how can you remember such stone-old stuff? You must have a brain like an elephant :-)

Well, obviously I didn't recall it very correct. Because I think the problem was with 2.7x not 2.6.x.

I remember this, because I was annoyed that I translated the string, but the string won't show up. ;-)

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose