Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

CException Application runtime path

• jimmi4u
  • jimmi4u's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 2 months ago #239742 by jimmi4u
CException Application runtime path was created by jimmi4u
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: 5.6.0
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: own
Survey theme/template: default
==================
Hi everybody,
after upgrading to 5.6.0 we are facing some strange behaviour of our webserver which was running well till upgrade.
We are getting this error:
CException: Application runtime path "/var/www/LIMESURVEY/tmp/runtime" is not valid. Please make sure it is a directory writable by the Web server process. in /var/www/LIMESURVEY/vendor/yiisoft/yii/framework/base/CApplication.php:294                   
Stack trace:                                                                                                                   
#0 /var/www/LIMESURVEY/vendor/yiisoft/yii/framework/base/CComponent.php(152): CApplication->setRuntimePath()                  
#1 /var/www/LIMESURVEY/vendor/yiisoft/yii/framework/base/CModule.php(520): CComponent->__set()                                
#2 /var/www/LIMESURVEY/vendor/yiisoft/yii/framework/base/CApplication.php(166): CModule->configure()                          
#3 /var/www/LIMESURVEY/application/core/ConsoleApplication.php(44): CApplication->__construct()                               
#4 /var/www/LIMESURVEY/vendor/yiisoft/yii/framework/YiiBase.php(132): ConsoleApplication->__construct()                       
#5 /var/www/LIMESURVEY/application/commands/console.php(63): YiiBase::createApplication()

the folders: upload,tmp,application/config are on 755 owned by root:apache. all others are on 555, as described in LS installation process. I tried also for the tmp folder, 777 , but without luck.
I'll be happy if anybody can point me in the right direction.
Thanks a lot.
jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #239744 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic CException Application runtime path

after upgrading to 5.6.0 we are facing some strange behaviour of our webserver which was running well till upgrade.

From which version did you upgrade to 5.6.0?
Which PHP version is being used?

The error message indicates a problem with the runtime path.
Permissions are often correct.
I recommend checking the configuration file for invalid paths and options.
manual.limesurvey.org/Optional_settings#Runtime_path

It could be a bug in LS 5.6. Maybe a newer version could help.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

• jimmi4u
  • jimmi4u's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 2 months ago #239745 by jimmi4u
Replied by jimmi4u on topic CException Application runtime path
Hi jelo and thanks for your reply,
I updated from 5.4.6 and am on php8.0. the runtime path is not changed, maybe I can think on changing it... I'll have a look.
btw. atm there is no newer version on github...
thanks,
jim

More
1 year 2 months ago #239746 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic CException Application runtime path
The commits on Github do not show any corrections for that issue.
If the content of the configuration is unchanged, I recommend opening a bug report.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

More
4 months 1 week ago #252416 by SeppeN
Replied by SeppeN on topic CException Application runtime path
Same error when updating from v6.1.x to 6.3.6.
Now we get the error:CExceptionApplication runtime path "/opt/bitnami/limesurvey/application/runtime" is not valid. Please make sure it is a directory writable by the Web server process.
We use the AWS EC2 AMI: Limesurvey by bitnami.Using WinSCP and PHPMyAdmin, we downloaded the whole limesurvey-root directory and did a dump of our database.
I downloaded the newest LS version (3.6.3) from [url] community.limesurvey.org/downloads/ [/url]
I copied the following files from download of the previous version (i believe it was 6.1.x) to the unpacked directory of the new version
/application/config/security.php
/application/config/config.php;
/upload directoryAfter the new LS-directory was setup, I uploaded it to my aws EC2 instance at the same place.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose