Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can't change or delete the default answer

• imnetxiin
  • imnetxiin's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #233521 by imnetxiin
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: 4.3.15+200907
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: own server
Survey theme/template: Fruity Theme ( fruity)
==================
(Write here your question/remark)

Hello!

I can't change or delete the default answer for a Date/Time Question type. The survey is active.

Structure / Question / Edit default answer values / Default value

I enter a new default answer (2022-10-31), it is saved, but it is not displayed in the survey. The previous default answer is displayed instead (2022-09-30).
If I delete the default answer and save it, the previous default answer is displayed (2022-09-30).

I looked at the database (tables lime_defaultvalues, lime_defaultvalue_l10ns). The last table contains thousands of entries with the previous default answer (2022-09-30).

Have no idea what it means and what to do.

Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by imnetxiin.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 5 months ago #233556 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Can't change or delete the default answer

4.3.15+200907

You are using a version of Limesurvey that I would never consider "stable" and is now over a year old. You should consider to update to the latest LS 5.

I can't guarantee that this might solve your problem, but it doesn't make sense to try to solve potential bugs in old software, in my opinion.

It is possible, that you can't change the default answer once the survey is active. Copy your survey and test it when not active and see what happens.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• imnetxiin
  • imnetxiin's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 5 months ago #233805 by imnetxiin
Replied by imnetxiin on topic Can't change or delete the default answer
I changed the default answer for this question in the active survey many times before and nothing unpredictable happened.

The survey is running. Can't stop it, unfortunately. That is why I also can't risk updating to the latest version.

Also it is not very clear to me if it is safe to install two parallel instances (and two databases) on the same domain in different directories. It seems to me that the topics on the forum say that it's OK. But the Manual says that you need to update the session configuration . So which one is it then?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose