Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

External database with Helm charts

• Djamila
  • Djamila's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 5 months ago #232636 by Djamila
External database with Helm charts was created by Djamila
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: [see right hand bottom of your LimeSurvey admin screen]
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Kubernetes
Survey theme/template:
==================Hello,I used the LimeSurvey Helm Charts of maritialblog to deploy to Kubernetes with my own external database that is also mariadb database but when I viewed the log of the pod, I had the following exception:
CException: DataBase version are not found, seems LimeSurvey are not installed. in /var/www/html/application/commands/UpdateDbCommand.php:36Stack trace:#0 /var/www/html/third_party/yiisoft/yii/framework/console/CConsoleCommandRunner.php(71): UpdateDBCommand->run()#1 /var/www/html/third_party/yiisoft/yii/framework/console/CConsoleApplication.php(92): CConsoleCommandRunner->run()#2 /var/www/html/third_party/yiisoft/yii/framework/base/CApplication.php(185): CConsoleApplication->processRequest()#3 /var/www/html/application/commands/console.php(77): CApplication->run()#4 {main} The problem is that the LimeSurvey database is empty and no installation of LimeSurvey Database occured. So my question is how can I have my external database content of LimeSurvey generated using Helm charts? Thank you very much for your answer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Djamila
More
1 year 5 months ago #232664 by Djamila
Replied by Djamila on topic External database with Helm charts
Just for better formatting
Hello,

I used the LimeSurvey Helm Charts of maritialblog to deploy to Kubernetes with my own external database that is also mariadb database but when I viewed the log of the pod, I had the following exception:
 CException: DataBase version are not found, seems LimeSurvey are not installed. in /var/www/html/application/commands/UpdateDbCommand.php:36Stack trace:#0 /var/www/html/third_party/yiisoft/yii/framework/console/CConsoleCommandRunner.php(71): UpdateDBCommand->run()#1 /var/www/html/third_party/yiisoft/yii/framework/console/CConsoleApplication.php(92): CConsoleCommandRunner->run()#2 /var/www/html/third_party/yiisoft/yii/framework/base/CApplication.php(185): CConsoleApplication->processRequest()#3 /var/www/html/application/commands/console.php(77): CApplication->run()#4 {main} The problem is that the LimeSurvey database is empty and no installation of LimeSurvey Database occured.

So my question is how can I have my external database content of LimeSurvey generated using Helm charts?

Thank you very much for your answer.

More
1 year 5 months ago #232956 by jimmi4u
Replied by jimmi4u on topic External database with Helm charts
why do you want to do this?
Best thing is to create a stateful db by using some operators like mysql or postgres (there is also a mariadb operator in alpha). Look here: operatorhub.io/operator/mariadb-operator-app
You can install them with helm charts, kustomize, fluxcd, argocd, through the cli or using their lifecycle manager.

• Djamila
More
1 year 5 months ago #232973 by Djamila
Hi jimmi4U,

Thank you for your replay.

Yes, I used a stateful MariaDB database. My issue is the database at the beginning is empty and I expect when I run the release pipeline (that triggers Helm Charts) the first time it will create the default tables of LimeSurvey to my database. But in the successor releases, as the database tables already exist, there will be no other action to the database.

The problem is the database remains empty using Helm charts of martialBlog and it wonder if I am missing some steps, or I need to set up some configurations to my database.

Please help me for that as the project I am working on is very urgent.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

• Djamila
More
1 year 5 months ago #232977 by Djamila
Hi jimmi4u,

Also, when I run the log of my LimeSuervey pod with kubectl, I have this message.

AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 10.244.3.58. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message

Do you have any idea of how to fix this issue? That would be very helpful.

Thanks again

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose