Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Limesurvey version downgrade

• biagios
  • biagios's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 7 months ago #231304 by biagios
Limesurvey version downgrade was created by biagios
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: 5.3.31
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting:
Survey theme/template:
==================Dear all
I hope this email finds you well. I am experiencing some configuration issues with LimeSurvey on my Mac device. Although I followed the following link ( community.limesurvey.org/downloads/ ) I was unable to locate the installation file for the version 3.28.2. Could you please tell me where I can obtain the .dng file in order for me to install LimeSurvey on my laptop? Looking forward to hearing from you soon.  Thanks and regards. 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• tammo
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
1 year 7 months ago #231307 by tammo
Replied by tammo on topic Limesurvey version downgrade
Limesurvey is not an Apple or Windows program. It is a PHP-application that is to be installed on a server.

You can install it on a Mac, but then you will need to install it as a web application on a server that sits on your Mac. For example, install MAMP first.

Tammo ter Hark at Respondage
For Limesurvey reporting, education and customized themes
respondage.nl

• biagios
More
1 year 7 months ago #231312 by biagios
Replied by biagios on topic Limesurvey version downgrade
Okay, I downloaded MAMP and selected the LimeSurvey folder related to version 3.28.2. A LimeSurvey web page pops up where it asks me for the database name and database location. How can I proceed?  

• tpartner
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 7 months ago #231319 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Limesurvey version downgrade

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

• holch
More
1 year 7 months ago #231328 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Limesurvey version downgrade
wait a second. So you have LS 5.3.31 installed and have issues (which?) with the configuration. But where is it installed? On your Mac device? I don't think so, because than you would have been aware of the fact that it needs a Webserver to run, I guess.

So what do you want to do with Limesurvey on your Mac device? I am asking because I have the suspicion that you might go totally in the wrong direction.

Usually Limesurvey is installed on a server to be able to do online surveys. There are reasons to install it on your local device, but they are very specific (e.g. you want to test locally, you want to develop Limesurvey further, etc).

But as a general user, you probably want it NOT to be installed on your local machine, that's why I am asking.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• biagios
More
1 year 7 months ago #231335 by biagios
Replied by biagios on topic Limesurvey version downgrade
Thank you for your answers. Let me briefly explain, the version of LimeSurvey that I am currently working on is 5.3.31 which I believe is the most recent. The surveys I have created, however, need to be launched with a university account that is working with an older version of LimeSurvey (the 3.28.2). At this point I ask, using my personal account can I work on LimeSurvey version 3.28.2?

• holch
More
1 year 7 months ago #231337 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Limesurvey version downgrade
OK, then it makes sense to install LS 3.28.2, because surveys created in LS5 can not be imported into LS3 (or at least not without a lot of work).

So, yes, in this case it makes sense to install LS 3 on your local machine to develop it. Or you could just work directly on the account the survey will run on, but I assume this is not an option.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose