Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

problem sending survey emails

• liz.alfonso
  • liz.alfonso's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 8 months ago #231179 by liz.alfonso
problem sending survey emails was created by liz.alfonso
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: [3.28.22+220802]
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own server
Survey theme/template: vanilla
==================

Hi,

I recently posted forums.limesurvey.org/forum/design-issue...ications-not-working , but it seems it was misplaced, so I try here to see if anyone can help me.

I have more information since that first post, so I refrase the problem.

In our LS3 installation we have an admin email account defined, and it works ok when sending general notifications to groups, for example. If its not regarding any survey in particular, it works fine.

But when within a survey, sending invites, or notifications, sending emails will fail. The problem it that our LS3 installation won't use the admin email account, but the survey's administrator's email address as "sender" and "from". Since the login account for the smtp does not match with the sender, the smtp server is rejecting the conections.

Using particular email accounts as sender does not seem like a logical behaviour to me, so I suppose there is a problem with my installation, but we can not find whats's causing the problem, how to solve it.

I would very much appeciate any help.

Regards

The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 8 months ago #231191 by holch
Replied by holch on topic problem sending survey emails
Please do not double post. At least you put a reference to the old post. I will close this post, please continue in the original post:
forums.limesurvey.org/forum/design-issue...ications-not-working

Both forums are not perfect, but that doesn't matter now that you have started in "Design Issues", please continue there and don't open additional posts regarding the same topic. If someone has to add something, they will add it no matter which subforum.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose